Red Trick

elegiac

This is unashamedly cheeky, so I apologise in advance.

I've read the boards for a long time, having discovered Dissensus almost 7,6 years back maybe. At the time I was at uni and getting all excited about grime and dubstep and Blackdown...

Fast forward to 2012 and I've got a novel out which may or may not be of interest. It's about an MC who I'd hesitate to call a grime artist as genre isn't really defined in the text - it's more about the unique sonic aesthetic he creates, coming somewhere from the post-machine age of music. There's also a lot of dancing about architecture with regards to 2-step and dubstep. I really love 2-step...

The novel is called Red Trick. I've linked to a preview as opposed to an Amazon link as I just want to give it a bit of exposure outside of my blog and Facebook profile, and Dissensus is the only space on the net which may be interested in this sort of fiction.

Thank you

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
This is unashamedly cheeky, so I apologise in advance.

I've read the boards for a long time, having discovered Dissensus almost 7,6 years back maybe. At the time I was at uni and getting all excited about grime and dubstep and Blackdown...

Fast forward to 2012 and I've got a novel out which may or may not be of interest. It's about an MC who I'd hesitate to call a grime artist as genre isn't really defined in the text - it's more about the unique sonic aesthetic he creates, coming somewhere from the post-machine age of music. There's also a lot of dancing about architecture with regards to 2-step and dubstep. I really love 2-step...

The novel is called Red Trick. I've linked to a preview as opposed to an Amazon link as I just want to give it a bit of exposure outside of my blog and Facebook profile, and Dissensus is the only space on the net which may be interested in this sort of fiction.

Thank you

Congratulations on the novel m8, it looks great, I'll get my local library to order it :)

IdleRich

IdleRich
Nice one. I admire anyone who has the stamina to write a whole novel and this looks really interesting.

bruno

est malade
i read the sample chapter and have to say it looks promising. the main character is reasonably well outlined, there is a sense of who he is and a good balance between internal dialogue and the external world. what felt contrived was the signing to the label near the end and the dialogue of his friend to some extent, but i'm sure the book picks up along the way. and well done for actually finishing something, not a minor thing in this sea of distraction. good luck!