ILX's ''110 ELECTRONIC DANCE TRACKS of the 00s" Thread

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Some early 00s garage anthems did make the placings which was nice but yeah overall it was a very different picture of the decade to the one that you'd get here.

rubberdingyrapids

that list might be good to get some of us out of our 'nuum' obsessions. or me at least.

im personally tired of youtube embeds. its good sometimes as i prob miss a lot of music otherwise but im tired of seeing them. i like to read about music from other people too and i miss reading people post more.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
It could potentially be good, though, especially as it would probably result in all manner of arguments and bickering between forum members.

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
I think the Linstrom track is an acceptable #1 anyway. Always sounds great and gets the whole place going. I wouldn't begrudge it the top spot. Surprised a few others didn't make it like Erotic Discourse, Geht's Noch?, Make a move, He not in and Doppelwhiper. Odd no Soulwax or Tiefschwarz either given the taste the runs through the list

Ticks plenty of boxes but suffers from that thing that all lists do of more recent memory dominating at the expense of the first half of the decade, year, whatever.
Smoke Machine, pontape, murder was the bass, Blackwater and the Gigolo stuff were all massive all absent for example.

Benny Bunter

Right, so how would this be done?

UK only nuum tracks of the '00s: covering garage/grime/dubstep/bassline/funky/garage+dubstep related offshoots?

top 100 or top 50 outcome?

Each participant has a limited amount of nominations first? If so, how many in the list?

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
Everyone nominate 10 I suppose and then we'll know if we can do 100 or 50 ?

Can't really be UK only artist because of Abstract, Martyn etc, for nominations at least. Though London will dominate in the end

SecondLine

that list makes me feel like such a fraud, don't know any of the tunes and most of them sound really dull to me. tasteful euro house/techno for adults with jobs - probably fantastic if you're an adult with a job

SecondLine

My taste is so conflicted right now. I'm sposed to like house and techno, 90% of uk stuff sounds dull these days. help

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
hmmm only being able to nominate 10 might be too hard, my brains hurting just thinking about it. Would 20 work do you think? I'm shit at statistics.

yeah we can do that. 20. I have no idea how it would work either but it might be clearer once we see how many nominations there are.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Also, what are you considering in nominating? Is it just a personal faves thing or are you supposed to think about which tracks were biggest/most influential etc.? I'm assuming this wasn't the case with the ILX one. Also just nominating most influential might be really boring.

Benny Bunter

Also, what are you considering in nominating? Is it just a personal faves thing or are you supposed to think about which tracks were biggest/most influential etc.? I'm assuming this wasn't the case with the ILX one. Also just nominating most influential might be really boring.

surely it should just start with the records that each person considers the best and just see what happens. I'm sure all the canonical ones will turn up naturally