UKG vs UKG vs UKG

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
It's really simple cheesy stuff. It reminds me of Happy Hardcore in it's cringeworthy cheesiness, but like happy hardcore it is loved by working class northerners as well.

yeh...loads of people listen to happy hardocre up here in scotland and i HATE it....there's nthing i can find to like in it. But i really like this bassline mixtape. interesting what people are saying about it not growing out of garage but being something similar. and also i hear quite alot of similarities to some 2002 agent x radio shows i've heard.

I'm kind of ignorant about this: during 2-step (and 4x4s) hey day, how far spread was it around the country? Was the influence for this bassline house spread from london at that time?

echevarian

babylon sister
I'm curious, does anyone like that Stanton Warriors track with Sway on it?

The whole idea of a UK Hiphop/Grime MC over Nu Skool Breaks is kinda mind bending for me.

Its pretty good though, Sway seems more comfortable over breaks than Grime.

Its very commercial sounding, but still good.

Sway's got some clever lines in it too.

Alright back to talking about bassline.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Stanton Warriors made their name doing 4/4 mixes for Tuff Jams label, so them doing "Garage" collabs isn't too far fetched

echevarian

babylon sister
Yeah, I'm just barely getting into some of this stuff now so its a bit weird seeing all the connections.

Breaks seems to be such a looked down on genre for most people in dubstep + grime, but it is changing a bit with the times.

Like you wouldn't have a breaks producer called Merka before grime you know?

Or Baobinga making grime influenced shit as Pablo Beatz.

Still a lot of it is just too cheesy for me, probably my same issue with a lot of 4x4 garage these days.

Still need to do a lot of digging.

Last edited:

viktorvaughn

Stanton Warriors made their name doing 4/4 mixes for Tuff Jams label, so them doing "Garage" collabs isn't too far fetched
That Chase and Status (i think they made breaky stuff before dnb?) and RD tune on that tip as well. Not too good really but Trims bars were the highlight.

Ned

Ruby Tuesday
Breaks seems to be such looked down on genre for most people in dubstep + grime, but it is changing a bit with the times.

Anyone who likes dubstep will probably enjoy the breaks sections of Tayo's recent Fabric mix.