padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
one-size-fits-all ideologies: fascism, radical feminism, radical "masculism", communism, environmentalism, transhumanism etc etc.
the issue is conflating all of these in any way, let alone as all one-size-fits-all ideologies stemming from nihilism

I mean, u have Deleuze books on your shelf so idk why I need to explain this

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
political correctness as a tactic has probably generated more pushback than it has successes. trump was a high price to pay for an all female ghostbusters
I mean, is it political correctness to have less unequal representation (gender, race, sexuality, etc) in film, or in culture generally?

or it is just one of many consequences of more people having full personhood?

political correctness often means when anyone but white dudes complains about being demeaned or unfairly treated

it's undoubtedly imperfect but undeniably better

so my answer would be it was a price worth paying, ultimately

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Feel free to explain yourself

Well, I mean, I never actually said what you said I said, did I? I'm fairly sure even you can understand that "Equal rights for women" and "Kill all men" are not equivalent concepts. Of course, you may choose to fail to understand it, for the lulz.

But you're clearly in trollish mood so I'm not going to drawn into an argument here.

sadmanbarty

I mean, is it political correctness to have less unequal representation (gender, race, sexuality, etc) in film, or in culture generally?

political correctness often means when anyone but white dudes complains about being demeaned or unfairly treated

for the record i'm all socially liberal and want everyone to live in a cosmopolitan paradise of caramel skinned transexuals in burkas, so any reservation i have are in methodology rather than ideology. moreover the age of trump has made me question whether those who attack political correctness are as genuinely concerned about free speech as they claim.

'political correctness' is one of those things like 'neoliberal' that is only ever used derogatorily and has lost all semblance of meaning.

in this context i was conflating two things really:

the first is 'illiberal liberalism'; methods used to attain social justice by way of things that it could be argue inhibit free speech, free assembly, etc.

the second is the unwise picking of battles; getting upset justin beiber's dreadlocks or a prom dress

the first allows far right figures to portray themselves as free speech champions and enlightenment thinkers and the like while the second allows this idea of 'snowflakes' to flourish. moreover they build up resentments in people as luke was saying.

i was just wondering aloud if the opportunity cost of these tactics is worth it.

chava

It depends on by what means. I mean who cares if the latest stupid Hollowood flick are stocked with rainbow trysexuals, another matter is when male activists demand quotas on employments of doctors (because of the decline of male applicants in medicine). When people then start getting less than optimal treatment because of this employment policy watch the court cases begin.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
patty tho?

too much of a soulboy I would think, multiculturalism etc

well, it's like the french fash in the 60s who supported algerian liberation on grounds of repatriation because only then can europe discover its dormant culture which has been eroded by Americanism. the blacks should be made to suffer so they don't produce materialistic hip hop. bring back jim crow! segregation is good! racism is good!

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
people think multiculturalism is a leftist construct but it's anything but. the union of revolutionary black workers rejected it, rejected it very emphatically. as did people like A Sivanandin in the uk, as a kind of xerox racism.n Actually multiculturalism was Hayek and Friedmann's wet dream. and the EU is the prime arbiter of this, whilst, also, being the most racist with regards to migrant policy on the earth, extending its border policy onto non-member states like Turkey and Libya.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
https://kenanmalik.com/2014/10/16/whats-the-problem-with-multiculturalism/

and here's an anti-leninist left communist giving the modern foucauldians/deleuzians an utter roasting on this topic. written in 91 originally..

http://libcom.org/library/multi-cul...t-wing-response-contemporary-social-breakdown

the irony of course is that the alt right is the biggest defender of multi-culturalism, because world culture necessitates an acceleration of existing race mixing trends and great emphasis on migration/distribution of world population.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
"But nothing, I think, will surprise our 21st century Rosa Luxemburg more than the discovery that, during the two decades of the pulverization of America's work force in the process described above, the majority of the American left increasingly came to characterize many of the very processes associated with the material reproduction of society, such as industry, technology, social infrastructure, science, education, technical skills and their tranmission from one generation to the next, as well as literacy and the cultural traditions that arose inseparably from these phenomena in the earlier history of capitalism, as expressions of "white male" values and ideology. She will be even more perplexed to realize that this identification of the expanded material reproduction of society as a "white male" phenomenon took hold in the very decades when Japan and the new capitalist powers of Asia were becoming powerhouses of the capitalist world economy, and were contributing mightily to the dismantling of the life supports of the American working class."

I.E: leftists moving rightwards from 68 onwards.

Sometimes I actually think Derrida was a philosopher of nationalism than any kind of insipient communism.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
deconstructing clarence thomas is a book u lot might want to read to understand pattycakes' mates. the only black originalist on the supreme court of law, I.E: the only black dude who believes that the constitution should be interpreted according to 1777.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
The nihilism embodied in Vice eventually leads to people embracing one-size-fits-all ideologies: fascism, radical feminism, radical "masculism", communism, environmentalism, transhumanism etc etc.

There's never was anything of value in Vice. You can't base a culture on that. At least the punks had the music which they were passionate about.

nah, there is a value in vice. it's taking a big long bacon dump on everyone they co-opt. and punks were far too enslaved to the rock music template. they never thought to found anything genuinely new, just a year of lower middle class fame which eventually allowed them to fuck over their working class brothers and sisters, in true petty-bourgeois fashion. give me alienated middle class artists doing genuinely something new that the proletariat can understand in the future. no young prole listens to punk now but proles still listen to classical music and free jazz.

if they were serious they would have abandoned cords and song structures entirely and horrified malcolm mclaren and vivienne westwood. I like Johnny Rotten for PiL and because he was a guner, otherwise the sex pistols sucked balls.

Last edited:

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
and of course the NF loved OI, because far rightists love working class self-identification (idprole i call it) but something as weird as avant-funk which offered an avenue for proletarian liberation and overcoming through highlighting the claustrophobic surroundings such as salford was stereotyped as nerdy and university crap.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
punk wasn't a situationist prank, it was its ultimate co-optation by the bourgeois leftist intelligentsia. something Debord warned about.