The Velvet Underground vs The Grateful Dead

william_kent

Matrix as a venues unites loads of quality recordings, outrageous range too

shocking that the VU boxset was so limited, I bought mine in HMV in the ORACLE for £20 and now it goes for stupid money

last month I came home from Japan with a suitcase full of Miles Davis and velvet underground bootlegs...( and a Hawklords boot! )

can you guess where I bought them?

1714858229126.png

william_kent

a listener does what a listener has to do when shopping in the bootleg banana shop

lol! there was some Scouse Dylan bore with a pile of CDRs fussing about the intricacies of whether the tambourine hit was on the 2 or the '2 an' beat on the "second date' and he was boring the staff and, more importantly he was blocking the entrance to the back aisle where the miles boots were housed

I lost patience and pushed past him and he got a cob on and exited the shop and then the guy at the counter gave me a 10% discount ( my travel companion persuaded him, I have to give her credit, but I think getting rid of the Dylan bore counted in our favour )

Benny Bunter

I've never got the adulation for VU live recordings at all. I love the up close and personal sound of the 1st and 3rd albums especially, but the live stuff mostly sounds like shit and too much tedious jamming.

william_kent

@william_kent no, I had to edit the post in case Cthulhu or suchlike is on JP’s speed-dial
ooh, I thought you were talking about bottling JP!

I'd have let loose on the Scouse Dylan bore if possible... he was going on and on," can you not hear the tambourine is on the offbeat on the Saturday night recording?" boring, "this is minutely different by milliseconds to the 200 other CDRs of the same gig that I will make you play on the shop sound system until you acknowledge my BOB knowledge is GREATER!"

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
when I sold all my hardcore and mid 80’s crossover records you’d bump into gimps bit like above

”this record is impossible because venue x is only listed in 85, if you listen to Minor Threat on tape x you’ll hear it straight away and….” fuck off caaaaaant