Once Upon A Time In Hollywood / Tarantino

version

Reservoir Dogs and Jackie Brown are the two where the first thing that comes to mind are the characters and story. The others stick in the memory as specific set pieces, scenes people clip out on YouTube.

luka

the hateful 8 is one of the worst films ive ever seen. really nasty bit of work that. and stupid too.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
the hateful 8 is one of the worst films ive ever seen. really nasty bit of work that. and stupid too.
Yeah I thought hateful 8 was fun, but really thats primarily because I like tarantino fare and I like his usual cast of players. . But beyond that, I think the plot drops off around halfway through. Think someone else here mentioned it too: as soon as that goofy narration starts.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Also because I saw it in 70mm which was a treat. Some of the early shots were beautiful, but oddly enough Tarantino opted to have the bulk of the film take place indoors as a bottle episode, which still strikes me as a waste of the expensive 70mm production, and the many retrofittings across the US required for theaters to actually project 70mm.

version

The stuff after Jackie Brown feels the same way Luke describes Prince's music and Pynchon's writing. An arch impersonation of the medium. They feel like films that would exist inside the GTA games.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Much prefer Kung Fu Panda to Kill Bill

Reservoir Dogs is still good. I should rewatch Pulp Fiction. Not seen most of the others now I think about it. Once upon a time I thought was quite good, esp. the brad Pitt stuff but I have an increasing dislike of Leo DiCaprio and that put me off and also when it went all silly with the flamethrower.

version

quentin-at-the-cookout-v0-yglo80euhqfb1.jpg

quentin-at-the-cookout-v0-5oj241euhqfb1.jpg