Status
Not open for further replies.

IdleRich

IdleRich
That's true about the gloves Ollie - this government keeps getting caught with dodgy statistics. First they said they had 50,000 "more" nurses cos they had added 10,000 and would persuade 40,000 not to leave... then they said they would do 100,000 C19 tests a day, but later they changed what they said (it's on film that they said number of tests) to pretend they had just meant that their aim had been to get the capacity to test up to 100,000 a day and they could claim to have met that by saying that their "capacity" was at 100,000 even though the actual number of tests being performed was about 20,000.... in other words they could do more but they just weren't. Latest wheeze was to count each glove as a piece of PPE so they could say "we have just purchased and distributed 50,000 new items of PPE" - "Great work guys, let's give that to 50,000 medical staff!" - "Er, 25,000 I think you mean obviously". Fucking cunts... why don't they stop playing and be honest for ten fucking minutes? I guess the reason is cos the slavish media and subservient public just nod along anyway... thank fuck I left England!

IdleRich

IdleRich
Fucking cunts... why don't they stop playing and be honest for ten fucking minutes? I guess the reason is cos the slavish media and subservient public just nod along anyway... thank fuck I left England!
And now they've changed the definition of a "delivered test" to include any that they posted out to people... and are wanking themselves raw over "delivering" 120,000 tests in a day... and there are loads of people praising them for that and accusing anyone who points out that they quite literally cheated on their tests of "negativity".

TestsCheat.jpg

catalog

Unbelievable, how the fuck can this be accepted by trained medical professionals and scientists? This surely would not pass any kind of peer review or similar process?

IdleRich

IdleRich
Although in the interests of fairness, the government is saying that, yes, they do count those posted as "delivered tests" but they have always done so.

Newton says there has been no change to the way tests are counted.
With new ways of delivering tests, officials have given advice on how they should be counted, he says.
The majority are counted in labs, but for any test which takes place outside the programme they’re counted when they leave the programme, he says. So tests that are mailed out or go out by satellite, have always been counted that way.
So - if that's true, which you never know with this government - then they could be said to have succeeded within the parameters they set. But, in the real world those tests have not been done, they haven't produced any data, we don't know if those people are ill or not. In fact, we don't even know if they will receive the test or, if they do, if or when they will take it.

catalog

Is Newton the chief med officer? He's looking more and more under strain. I fear for him. It reminds me of that other science guy who topped himself over WMD. the BBC made a nice film about it, and again, no one got done

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
One of these Patriot Prayer nutters has made a video of himself bravely defying the lockdown, and it includes a lad, presumably his son, holding this sign:

IMG_20200501_211230.jpg

Now where have I seen that phrase before? Maybe in another language?

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yesterday there was a video on twitter purporting to show armed gunmen trying to storm the governor's building in Michigan - and make the bitch end lockdown presumably. Did that happen or what? I've not seen it reported anywhere today, shouldn't it be a big story?

version

Meanwhile in Canada,

OTTAWA (Reuters) - Canada is banning the sale of military-grade assault weapons in the aftermath of the country’s deadliest mass shooting two weeks ago, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said on Friday.

“These weapons were designed for one purpose and one purpose only: to kill the largest number of people in the shortest amount of time,” Trudeau said at a daily media briefing in Ottawa. “There is no use and no place for such weapons in Canada.”

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-c...s-in-aftermath-of-mass-shooting-idUKKBN22D62X

droid

Maybe not. We saw what happened last time.

Throughout the late 1960s, the militant black nationalist group used their understanding of the finer details of California’s gun laws to underscore their political statements about the subjugation of African-Americans. In 1967, 30 members of the Black Panthers protested on the steps of the California statehouse armed with .357 Magnums, 12-gauge shotguns and .45-caliber pistols and announced, “The time has come for black people to arm themselves.”

The display so frightened politicians—including California governor Ronald Reagan—that it helped to pass the Mulford Act, a state bill prohibiting the open carry of loaded firearms, along with an addendum prohibiting loaded firearms in the state Capitol. The 1967 bill took California down the path to having some of the strictest gun laws in America and helped jumpstart a surge of national gun control restrictions.

https://www.history.com/news/black-panthers-gun-control-nra-support-mulford-act

Status
Not open for further replies.