autonomic/halftime/nuum space pixies

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
of course another valid criticism that can be directed against this stuff is that it has no hooks of any kind. its pure initiates music, the anal retentivism of dub taken to its logical stream. does not grab you by the throat like UK drill does.

but then, UK drill would be the best form of music of the 2010s if if a lot of it wasn't bogged under the weight of faux-gloomy pianos. a case of sacrifising longevity for immediate gothic accessibility.

UK drill is best when it is achingly soul-operatic. that cold loneliness within *the crowd* this ain't no hauntology bruv. cold streets. london is not really a gothic city in the 2010s. it's just empty. full of ghosts.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
The Mark stuff's kind of cool.

yes indeed. rods jammed into the dancefloor. Bliss never liked that approach but honestly as soon as i could go clubbing fulltime the fantasy faded away for me quick. the problem is whilst in an accomplished djs the steady groove can be entrancing, in a lot of cases you kind of have to convince yourself you're having a good time due to the sheer power of the soundsystem. it's why bar gigs fall flat for me, not because of the amount of people there, often the less people the better etc... raving is not much different to going to see bands or football in that regard, most nights out are bang average. of course this is natural, if it was high after high then the low will come crashing down on you quick.

another track that uses that approach, but not halftime, but a similar methodology.

blew my head off when i heard it in a club, could just see the dancefloor empty at once during the breakdown, the boyfriend with his missus next to me went to get a drink lol.