Later Rolling Stones Masterpieces

catalog

This is John squire now, seems a nice enough chap. I do quite like his art

He looks a bit like Cameron Jamie who I really rate

jenks

thread death
Big fan of Mick Taylor, about five years which kind of redefined the Stones - with Exile and Sticky Fingers as the high water marks. The live footage is interesting from this time because you can see Keef looking over in genuine admiration at his playing - he never looks at Ronnie that way cos he knows he has the beating of him. What Ronnie does bring is the slouch/loose louche thing - the case of wine and Puerto Rican girls or that sway of Beast of Burden - yes Mick, it's cos you're not rich enough...

Woebot

Big fan of Mick Taylor, about five years which kind of redefined the Stones - with Exile and Sticky Fingers as the high water marks. The live footage is interesting from this time because you can see Keef looking over in genuine admiration at his playing - he never looks at Ronnie that way cos he knows he has the beating of him. What Ronnie does bring is the slouch/loose louche thing - the case of wine and Puerto Rican girls or that sway of Beast of Burden - yes Mick, it's cos you're not rich enough...

they were devastated. ANGRY. when he left. TOTALLY OUTRAGED!

craner

Beast of Burden

Has it been an instrumental, this would have been amazing, but then you would have missed out on Jagger’s hysterical shout outs to Jamaica and New York City at the back end of the track. Apparently he complained about the length of the thing and how he just had to keep going on and on, making rubbish up until it ended. Quintessential Jagger performance, as ludicrous and game as anything he ever did.

craner

Beast of Burden
Just to set the record straight, I wasn’t drink driving, I was taxiing two Essex reprobates.

craner

Beast of Burden
Barney Hoskyns once said that hiring Ronnie Woods after Mick Taylor was their surrender to pantomime drag, a sign they had given up on doing anything new or interesting.

jenks

thread death
Barney Hoskyns once said that hiring Ronnie Woods after Mick Taylor was their surrender to pantomime drag, a sign they had given up on doing anything new or interesting.

Keef hiring a sidekick to laugh along at his jokes and stoke his ego. Ronnie is fine enough a player - loose but no innovation- he’s not taking the listener anywhere new.

No one talking about the importance of Charlie.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
The Gimme Shelter documentary is an enlightening snapshot of the band post-BJ, its ego & an anthropology of various freaks congregating. A naked woman climbing over audiences, frazzled hair & minds, heavy HA’s types on stage, Jagger in his elf gear, Keef’s drug lizard. Uncomfortable viewing.

Woebot

The Gimme Shelter documentary is an enlightening snapshot of the band post-BJ, its ego & an anthropology of various freaks congregating. A naked woman climbing over audiences, frazzled hair & minds, heavy HA’s types on stage, Jagger in his elf gear, Keef’s drug lizard. Uncomfortable viewing.

yeah it GREAT. key reference for my book was this:

serious mental breakdown happening right there.

might be one of the most interesting bits of footage of the 20th century. jagger "in the way" and out of focus as one strains to watch the biker losing it.

Last edited by a moderator:

catalog

I've seen that gimme shelter film, years ago. The only bit I remember is Mick asking for the tape to be rewound back, of the stabbing, and his serious face, but he never says anything. Like he knows it, but he won't say it on camera. Wasteman

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
He looks like a civilian channeling every bad trip there. Paisley & denim attire, no obvious patch allegiance ( prospect? ), then the brill creamed short hair realises wtf & he gets dispatched rapid. Only an observation though. Btw, there’s a clip segment where the short haired HA on stage stares Jagger down, sort of “why am I protecting this fool?” moment. Dismissive to the max.

Looking forward to your book even more now sir.

catalog

yeah it GREAT. key reference for my book was this:

serious mental breakdown happening right there.

might be one of the most interesting bits of footage of the 20th century. jagger "in the way" and out of focus as one strains to watch the biker losing it.

Luka when no one understands what hes asking for in his threads about the psychedelic avant garde

jenks

thread death
Listening to Let it Loose. How it barely holds together but does just enough to burst into life. Great Jagger vocal with Taylor and Richards doing the simple things well. Watts the glue keeping it from becoming sloppy.

craner

Beast of Burden
Listening to Let it Loose. How it barely holds together but does just enough to burst into life. Great Jagger vocal with Taylor and Richards doing the simple things well. Watts the glue keeping it from becoming sloppy.

I love this song.