George Floyd

droid

Its a classic police riot, not dissimilar to many incidents since the 1960s, with tactics of escalation pioneered in the early 00's by people like John Timoney, combined with militarised shows of force. False flag and provocateurs being challenged by protestors as they smash windows whilst cops act with total impunity, assaulting at will and deliberately targeting journalists. These are the actions of an occupying military power.

Last edited:

version

A Chinese outlet trolled the US earlier saying they should stand with the protesters the way they stand with the protesters in Hong Kong.

Leo

Its the full Katie Johnson deposition notes, there was some discussion about the here case a while back.

while it wouldn't surprise me if this happened, this is a deposition. an allegation, not proven fact, right?

Leo

have to say that as much as I support the protests and the cause, some of the destruction is bullshit. a mom and pop shoe store here was looted for sneakers, that's not raging against the machine. I'm even willing to look the other way on some smashed windows at bank of America branches and Starbuck's but cleaning out any old independent business that's got stuff you'd like? sorry.

version

Yeah, I dunno how much more of this stuff I can look at. It's just sad. There's so much collateral damage. Just today I've seen a clip of a couple trying to protect their business being beaten with planks of wood, a teenager shot in the face by police, a journalist who was complying being peppersprayed and pinned to the ground, an old man walking with a cane being pushed over by riot police, a guy who wasn't even protesting being shot twice by police, someone being shot in the spine at point blank range with rubber bullets despite already being on the ground, a nine year old kid who'd been peppersprayed, a couple of people potentially beaten to death and someone being dragged the length of a road under a FedEx truck...

version

It doesn't help that Trump and Barr are madly fanning the flames as an excuse to clamp down on dissent. They're describing Democrat mayors and governors as "radical lefists"...

entertainment

Lots of videos of protestors confronting the rioters and looters among them. There was one video of protestors sezing a guy chopping bricks from the sidewalk and handing him over to police.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
while it wouldn't surprise me if this happened, this is a deposition. an allegation, not proven fact, right?
I suppose so, but the way I think about it is this. We all know, or at least have some idea of, what people like Trump and Epstein are capable of. And what the lawyers who work for them are capable of, and who knows what sort of people who work for those lawyers. I mean it seems reasonable to assume that Epstein himself was on the receiving end of this sort of treatment. So while there are such things as politically motivated false accusations, I can't imagine, for any amount of money, making a false accusation of this sort against someone like Trump.

So no, it hasn't been proven, but when the odds are stacked in the way that they are, how the hell could it have been?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
have to say that as much as I support the protests and the cause, some of the destruction is bullshit. a mom and pop shoe store here was looted for sneakers, that's not raging against the machine. I'm even willing to look the other way on some smashed windows at bank of America branches and Starbuck's but cleaning out any old independent business that's got stuff you'd like? sorry.
An accusation I've heard often is that this sort of stuff is being done by agents provocateurs who are, at some level - whether paid or doing it for the lulz - working for the Feds to smear legit protesters. Now I'm naturally wary of this knee-jerk cry of "false flag", because some people will instinctively apply it to anything from a snarky tweet to the fucking Holocaust, but in this case, with an government and a president like this, I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

(And I hear your general point. I remember during the London riots nine years ago, some posters here were making out that it was a rerun of Paris '68 or something. Come the fuck off it - helping yourself to an Xbox isn't "protesting capitalism", it is capitalism.)

version

Lots of videos of protestors confronting the rioters and looters among them. There was one video of protestors sezing a guy chopping bricks from the sidewalk and handing him over to police.

I've seen a couple of vids of black protesters confronting white people for smashing shit up and whatnot and trying to explain that all the stupid stuff they're doing will be blamed on them and that they aren't helping at all.

droid

Whilst Im sure there's penty of property damage being committed by protestors, theres also a ton of vids out there that look a lot like provocateurs in action, including the one of a cop being confronted in Minneapolis after smashing the windows of an autozone. These guys are generally white, organised, probably boogaloo or militia types. Also a lot of suspicion around old cop cars being left empty in intersections full of protestors. Its important to remember that the police, and various factions aligned with them have extensive plans for these situations, some of which have been on the books for decades.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I've seen a couple of vids of black protesters confronting white people for smashing shit up and whatnot and trying to explain that all the stupid stuff they're doing will be blamed on them and that they aren't helping at all.
Good for them.

version

Whilst Im sure there's penty of property damage being committed by protestors, theres also a ton of vids out there that look a lot like provocateurs in action, including the one of a cop being confronted in Minneapolis after smashing the windows of an autozone. These guys are generally white, organised, probably boogaloo or militia types. Also a lot of suspicion around old cop cars being left empty in intersections full of protestors. Its important to remember that the police, and various factions aligned with them have extensive plans for these situations, some of which have been on the books for decades.

This sounds about right to me...

As someone in the epicenter, with stores being looted around me, I can tell you there is no simple narrative.

There are undercover cops at protests. There are boogaloo type right-wing types trying to start shut. but there’s also black bloc and antifa style anarchistic and anti-capitalists who vandalize and break shit whenever there’s a protest against the powers that be. There’s also frustrated and angry people taking out there rage. there’s the opportunists taking advantage of the situation to grab free shit. There’s kids from the hood who want to burn cop cars. There’s college kids out for shits and giggles. There’s young lefties playing Che Guevara dress-up. It’s a bit of everything, all with different motives. There’s a lot of people who really want a peaceful protest, but the people fucking that up are coming from all sorts of disparate groups for various unrelated reasons.

I’ve seen it all these last couple days.

But I have to go to bed now. Or at least try, despite all the booms and sirens happening outside.

version

It's wild how much of a mess the country's become under Trump in just four years. Obviously this stuff didn't start with him, but he's done his best to fan the flames.

What an image.

u0src7y6f8251.jpg