Timbaland vs. The Neptunes

Timbaland vs. The Neptunes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wild greens

Heard a couple recently i hadn't even thought about in possibly 10 years so i am going to post them here. The Ray J one is great goes on about a minute too long and ruins it a bit

hint

party record with a siren
Neptunes had that one template that always hit - snappy swinging drums and a weird shriek noise or dissonant sound. Basically reimagining early rap like The Bridge or Top Billin over and over again on a Korg Triton:

Their more filled out productions got way more hit and miss. Timbaland seemed to find it easier to cover both ends of the spectrum.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Had no idea that Timbaland (and Magoo, who just died, R.I.P.) was in a group with Pharrell at one point.

Surrounded by Idiots - Demo Tape (1991) [Studio Session] Magnum AKA Pharrell & DJ Timmy Tim AKA Timbaland & Magoo

Tracklist: 01. "Fess Up" 0:00 02. "If Ur Freaky Baby" 3:16 03. "Oh Catherine" 6:52 04. "Uh uh uh" 9:06 05. "Oooh Beat" 13:04 06. "K Quick Beat" 16:46 07. "It's Like That" 21:10 08. "Runnin' Away" 24:30 09. "DJ Timmy Tim Mix" 29:24 10. "Skull Caps & Stripe Shirts" 43:43 11. "Gingerbread Man" 48:05