Dodgy T-shirts

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Reminds me of the time I visited Baalbek, which is in a part of Lebanon that's controlled Hezbollah, and as we left the site we passed this area with people selling all kinds of (presumably official) Hezbollah merch, so I bought a T-shirt as a present for my best friend.

Highly disappointed that he's never worn it.

william_kent

Another one I'm not going to actually post on the forum, but this tee shirt that was sold in Korea must be one of the most offensive I have seen - there's a couple of pictures on the Internet of East Asians wearing them in public, hopefully they are unaware of what the words are, much the same as someone who shops at Super Dry... NSFW

IdleRich

IdleRich
We brought some t-shirts with Putin's face back from Russia one time cos a few friends wanted them to rub people up the wrong way I guess.

STN

sou'wester
I had a pro-heroin* t shirt when I was 16 or so. It was a montage of all those anti-smack campaign billboards from the 80s, with a jolly cartoon rabbit brandishing a syringe and tourniquet with the words ‘loser? Feels so good’ on it. I must have looked an utter berk but I rather wish I still had it because it was such a bizarre artefact.
*I have never taken heroin, I am a nerd from Twickenham.

martin

----
I had a pro-heroin* t shirt when I was 16 or so. It was a montage of all those anti-smack campaign billboards from the 80s, with a jolly cartoon rabbit brandishing a syringe and tourniquet with the words ‘loser? Feels so good’ on it.
GENIUS T-shirts, more like.

Reactions: STN

STN

sou'wester
I once saw a guy actually wearing one of the ‘Adolf Hitler European Tour 1939-1945’ t-shirts you used to see for sale on Carnaby Street.

when I was on holiday in Greece, I saw a t-shirt called ‘the happy fisherman’ with a cartoon of a guy standing waist-deep in water with a fishing Rod and being sucked off by a fish.

also I seem to recall there was a GG Allin t shirt that depicted a guy shagging a frog?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I once saw a guy actually wearing one of the ‘Adolf Hitler European Tour 1939-1945’ t-shirts you used to see for sale on Carnaby Street.

when I was on holiday in Greece, I saw a t-shirt called ‘the happy fisherman’ with a cartoon of a guy standing waist-deep in water with a fishing Rod and being sucked off by a fish.

also I seem to recall there was a GG Allin t shirt that depicted a guy shagging a frog?
Bizarrely, I saw that very image - the fish-fellatio one - on FB the other day. I think it might have been a photo of the wallpaper in a pub.

Was the frog-shagger on GG Allin's T-shirt GG Allin, by any chance?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I remember at uni, on the day we had to give presentations as part of our third-year group projects, a guy in (thank god) another group got up to speak in front of everyone while wearing this hilarious T-shirt that was just black with white writing that said FREE BREATHALYSER TEST, BLOW HERE, with an arrow pointing down to his dick.

I just felt profoundly sorry for him.

catalog

IMG_20210515_185318.jpg

First saw this at the CAMRA beer festival in Cambridge in about 2000. My mate dared me to buy it but I didn't.

Then years later, in Hackney, probably about 2008, I was at another CAMRA beer festival, with the same mate. And they had the same T shirt for sale. So he dared me again. And said that he would buy it if I would wear it. Which I agreed to...

Got some very funny looks. And took it off as soon as I was out of thd place, didn't really want to walk home in it.

DannyL

Wild Horses
A friend of mine who was a Clockwork Skin (used to wear a bowler hat and a boiler suit - Nick Sims, Jon do you remember him?) had a "These Colours Don't Run" shirt but had written "but I do!" underneath.

john eden

male pale and stale
A friend of mine who was a Clockwork Skin (used to wear a bowler hat and a boiler suit - Nick Sims, Jon do you remember him?) had a "These Colours Don't Run" shirt but had written "but I do!" underneath.
I remember the idea of him - we never met afaik! I have a couple of his zines.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
View attachment 7217

First saw this at the CAMRA beer festival in Cambridge in about 2000. My mate dared me to buy it but I didn't.

Then years later, in Hackney, probably about 2008, I was at another CAMRA beer festival, with the same mate. And they had the same T shirt for sale. So he dared me again. And said that he would buy it if I would wear it. Which I agreed to...

Got some very funny looks. And took it off as soon as I was out of thd place, didn't really want to walk home in it.
Soon as I saw this image, before reading your post, I thought "I've seen that for sale at beer festivals!"