Motorik

IdleRich

IdleRich
Also, some have expressed an interest in a motorik mix and, I can say that our next show for Mutant is all kraut stuff, it starts with three or four unmixed quasi-motorik pieces to break the ice and then goes into a forty minute long motorik jam at about 157bpm, then it finishes off with a couple of others... that will come out in a week or two....

... but, although a full on totally motorik mix may be too much for the casual Mutant listener, I still have it in mind to do a totally motorik mix. I've got it all planned out and when I get back from Serbia I aim to take the motorik section from this mix and build on to it several other motorik sections so that there will effectively be three motorik jams at three speeds consisting of about thirty odd tracks and adding up to a kind of ultimate motorik mix. I can't wait to get it together.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Right then, the kraut/motorik mix we did for Mutant Radio is now available online on their site. I'vfe explained this more than once already in other places but I will write it out here so it's next to the mix itself: in short this is NOT a full motorik mix as we thought that that might not be appropriate - too relentless - for a radio mix, thererfore it begins with a few krautish quasi-motorik bits before there is a sequence about forty minutes long, made I think entirely out of tunes that have mentioned in this thread and which is effectively one motorik jam, and then there a few other tunes on the end (if I remember correctly)

The thing is, I do really want to do an uncompromising, relentless, full-on motorik mix with no punches pulled - something that I will absolutely love but which I suspect many, perhaps all but the most dedicated fans of the Dingerbeat, will completely hate, or just find incredibly boring. But fuck them - doing this forty minute section has absolutely whetted my appetite and I've planned out the full version, got all turnes ready etc I will reuse the forty min section here but extend it by an hour or so each side so that the final thing will be approaching three hours long and consist of a number of mini-sections each different speeds. I can't wait to do it, just need to persuade Liza to let me borrow her laptop ...tune

Anyway, please take a listen to this mix and let me know your thoughts.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I love the picture for this one too - it almost doesn't look real but it is in fact a photo Liza took in 2005, of a station somewhere in Nord Rheine-Westfalia, possibly Dusseldorf.

IdleRich

IdleRich
The trackilist is here, as you see it leans quite heavily on Trippin With The Birds by Stereolab....

CV Visions - Parallel Universum
Cluster - Caramel
Klaus Johann Groebe - Koordinaten
Parquet Courts - Psycho Structures
Stereolab - Trippin' With The Birds
Das Wett Bureau - Ungerade
Neu! - Hallogallo
Das Wett Bureau - Ungerade
Stereolab - Trippin' With The Birds
Zement - C3S
Neustadt - Neustadt
Stereolab - Trippin With The Birds
Chrisma - C-Rock
Hawkwind - Opa-Loka
Faust - Hurricane
Stabil Elite - Krautkamerad

IdleRich

IdleRich
My friend just suggested this one....

To my ears is the best one I hadn't heard before.

@woops you know Horton right? Was him who suggested that.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Saw someone recommending this one by Quickspace (Edmund almost certainly knows this too) which, on first listen, is more motorik than Precious Mountain but not as good a tune - certainly belongs here anyhow

woops

is not like other people
Saw someone recommending this one by Quickspace (Edmund almost certainly knows this too) which, on first listen, is more motorik than Precious Mountain but not as good a tune - certainly belongs here anyhow

<3 this band

william_kent

i have drunk so much rum that tonight that I'm extremely confident in my assertion that PTV3, the Gen in self-imposed "exile" version of Psychic TV, is a motorik monster

PTV3 - Mother Sky

sure, it's a cover of the Spacemen 3 tune, and not as good, but you can not deny that it is motorik

Spacemen 3 - Mother Sky

bonus! here's SP3 whacking out a live version of their big tune:

Spacemen 3 - Mother Sky Live

when Genny ran away from the Uk because some of h/ir mates enjoyed hammering nails into limpid dicks and s/he was scared that their collection of bootleg Disney videos may in some way implicate or incriminate h/ir in the spanner case, there were some astute journalists who commented that once s./he fell out of a window in Cali that s/he became some weird cross between the 70s BBC cook Fanny Craddock and thee burnt out junkie who croaked for thee LA band, thee Doors

cradock3-SMALL.jpg

^ genesis breyer p-orridge, industrial "singer", after falling out of a window, in a Mr Mojo Ricin mode

3600.jpg

^ fanny craddock, celebrity cook, famous on the BBC and renowned worldwide in the 1970's for her magick touch with a souffle garnished with a pinch of pepper

Fanny / Gen

separated at birth?

can you spot the difference?

I used to score off a guy who knew the cleaner for Fanny & Johnnie Craddock, and he related an image I can not expel from my imagination, but perhaps if I mention it here it will be like a game of "tag":

you're it!

and the image of a solitary bead of human shit ( a "dingleberry" ) originating from Fanny ( or was it Johnnie!? ) that was dangling from a bathroom towel will be transferred to you, and I can banish the uncleanness from my mind....