the internet

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The UK had adopted net neutrality as part of its membership in the EU. With that membership discarded, Ofcom is now claiming the rules should be rolled back.

You get the impression that if there was an EU law specifically against kicking puppies in the face, the present UK government would overturn it, because failing to do so would mean passing up a golden Brexit opportunity, don't you?

shakahislop

i checked my calendar, i got absolutely battered the night i made this thread, we were death drinking at a bar, me and a girl, drinking vodka and ginger beer, one after the other, i know because i've got a venmo request from her for $50 from the next day

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
@sufi do you know if there is a way I can download threads from messageboards like this? Even if its just the text in a txt file or something.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Most browsers have a save as feature. Often you can just right click a page and dl
I'm just not sure if I'd have to save 80 times for an 80-page thread, or if there is some way I can save the whole thing in one go. Maybe there is a way to visualize a whole thread at once?

catalog

I think there's a browser extension which might remove pagination cos I've seen it used, but that's where I would stop. The linux thing is the way to go if you know Linux.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
I'm just not sure if I'd have to save 80 times for an 80-page thread, or if there is some way I can save the whole thing in one go. Maybe there is a way to visualize a whole thread at once?

httrack worked for me for that type of biz

I onced dl'ed a whole forum that had gone the way of the dodo with it. Apparently there's even a way to get the forum search function to work

wild greens

I was trying to find the right thread to post this strange tiktok live clip, got two pages in, got bored, and found a thread called "the internet" which seems as good as any a place

There are hundreds of quote tweets, of course; i did like the one that called tiktok a portal to different dimensions as well.

I have been quite bored of being online for a while, i guess it is a natural progression once you've been paying attention to things for a while that you naturally become apathetic to it, though i guess apathy is a large part of online life, the doomscroll

I.e. Meta spends 600bn quid on VR world but what actually gets attention is yet another doomscroller etc

Anyway i am really glad i am not on tiktok, this is so alien to me i think i need to log off for a bit.

It is probably art in one sense or another