do you ever feel like Corona - The Rhythm of the Night is maybe actually best song ever?

do you ever feel like Corona - The Rhythm of the Night is maybe actually best song ever?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
cos sometimes, every now + then, I kinda do

and then I'm like that cannot be possibly true. it's a fucking banger without question but the best ever? that take is so hot it immolates everything in its path

and then I'm like...but maybe...it is?

I love it anyway

padraig (u.s.)

so last year my friend's partner abruptly passed away - she was young, like early 30s - and he was, understandably, absolutely devastated

and we kinda lost touch since he moved to another city, but we follow each other on IG

and I saw him posting all these stories and I was like holy shit

esp cos they seemed like a couple that might just beat the odds and last forever, always together doing fun things and just idk devoted

so I messaged him and I was like hey dude my deepest condolences etc and I don't really know what to say

except this is a song that always without fail makes me feel better when I am depressed

and it turned out that it was already one of his and his partners favorite songs, like their couple song maybe, and he'd been listening to it already

padraig (u.s.)

and that's the kind of song it is, it's about joy and finding ways to live your best life and be happy no matter the circumstances

it is a song that brings people joy and makes them feel better, whether in a light or a serious way

and that is a true accomplishment for artistic work

and it's such a fucking banger

mixed_biscuits

DLaurent

Reminds me of a good time getting into Italo Disco reading Disception Forum. Better than anything Black Box did maybe, but they got sampled by Torchman in the track Tell Me.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Reminds me of a good time getting into Italo Disco reading Disception Forum. Better than anything Black Box did maybe, but they got sampled by Torchman in the track Tell Me.

yes hardcore unlocks the true power of italo house divas and pianos. In their original form they are fairly inert. In nutty breakbeat mentalizm they become xenomorph.

Leo

"everybody everybody" is one of my favorite songs ever. I reserve comment on whether it's better than Corona - Rhythm of the Night, which I have inexplicably never heard before.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
and that's the kind of song it is, it's about joy and finding ways to live your best life and be happy no matter the circumstances
I've heard this tune maybe 100 times since 1994 and I've never learned a single lyric in it apart from "this is the rhythm of the night, this is the rhythm of my life" – not to say the other lyrics aren't good, it's just characteristic of me as a listener that I never bothered to

Interesting little nerd thread might be songs that are about music/songs, comparing music to life etc. Such as:

tomfun

Was this song known in the UK when the Corona song came out? As in, was it known that it was sort of a loose cover, or was it just assumed that the Corona one was an original?

tomfun

Is it me, or has that style of dance music (eg also, the sempiternally popular Freed from Desire) disappeared foverer?
Eurodance, Italodance and other variations of the sound are currently being bought up by lots of those record collector types that want to be playing at Dekmantel and similar types of spots.

I was in a conversation with someone recently who was telling me the other Francesco Bontempi (The guy who produced the Corona song) tracks i should be looking at buying.

Not sure what you guys would do with this information, but there it is...

Here's the same guy doing a sort of rip off of the Gat Decor Passion song

IdleRich

IdleRich
Eurodance, Italodance and other variations of the sound are currently being bought up by lots of those record collector types that want to be playing at Dekmantel and similar types of spots.

I was in a conversation with someone recently who was telling me the other Francesco Bontempi (The guy who produced the Corona song) tracks i should be looking at buying.

Not sure what you guys would do with this information, but there it is...

Here's the same guy doing a sort of rip off of the Gat Decor Passion song

I really dig this... I think if there was a re-edit that took out the handbaggy bits it would be quite a different type of tune (while still being the same actual tune somehow) and I would like it even more, although it would be veering away from this thread.

tomfun

I really dig this... I think if there was a re-edit that took out the handbaggy bits it would be quite a different type of tune (while still being the same actual tune somehow) and I would like it even more, although it would be veering away from this thread.

I did contemplate actually doing that, but in the current clubbing climate it might not make sense to remove the more euro housey/handbaggy elements as this is a nice middle ground for when you have to dj for a 2022 crowd of younger folks. Obviously a lot of you aren't djs and so what younger people are actually playing in clubs, or dancing to doesn't matter so much any more.

I do wonder if the sudden comeback of eurohouse and other similarly mawkish styles of music is a result of young people who run clubnights playing more hyperpop and nightcore in their sets. Some of the events i have witnessed have been leaning into it so far that you'll hear all types of twee japanese computer game breakcore and k-pop next to your Sophie's and 100 gecs type stuff and the dancefloor will be going off.

I noticed that previously respectable d&b djs who are maybe mid to late 20s will be incorporating happy hardcore and cheesier jungle techno into their sets, whereas the 18-25 jungle djs are often just straight up playing toytown happy hardcore, gabba, 160-200bpm remixes of the absolute cheesiest pop songs.

So it would make sense for people who are plugged into the scene to be taking notice of what young people are actually embracing on the dancefloor, and then try to incorporate some element of it as either an entry point, or just to feel like they are staying current.

Or whatever, what do i know anyway?

Is there a worse cover of the Corona song than this one? I had to take it off a family member's wedding playlist recently.