Mix Request Thread

phil.

Hey, is there a rolling mix exchange/request thread? Didn't see one.

I was hoping someone here might have some 2008 Marcus Nasty Deja Vu sets they wouldn't mind sharing. Oh, and that JME/BBK set where "Gully Brook Lane" gets wheeled like 5 times.

I've got pretty much everything from DeepHousePage, mnml ssgs, Little White Earbuds, and a bunch of dusk & blackdown rinse sets from back in the day. Lots of grime & dubstep sets and some earlier jungle ones but most those are available online anyways. Happy to share

phil.

Benny Bunter

That's the one! Mak 10 lost interest in funky fairly soon afterwards and Marcus Nasty left for the more professional Rinse, but this was probably when funky was at its most exciting.

Fairly shit sound quality but that's by and by

phil.

Upping all the WBMX mixes I have in .mp3 rn. Can convert the rest if you like. Never got around to sorting them, tags are a mess apologies in advance. Jacob Arnold probably has them sorted if it's Frankie Knuckles or Ron Hardy though, his site was pretty good at cataloging old DHP stuff. Figure I'll put up the Music Box sets next.

To hold everyone over here's Jeff "The Wizard" Mills on The Electrifying Mojo's show on WHYT June 1986. This set's been around in 2 parts, mistagged as WJLB. I put the two together with mp3DirectCut, fixed the labels and cut out the last ~20 minutes or so where a Jeff Mills set from WJLB is dubbed over. Midnight Music has a ton of Mojo & Mills stuff up on mixcloud, a lot of it I've never seen anywhere else.

@Benny B Thank you for these funky sets! Been putting them on in the morning. Dying for any other 2008 Marcus sets on Deja if anyone else has some

Benny Bunter

Most of the people that were on here bitd that were sharing sets aren't around any more unfortunately. I did a pretty deep trawl when I made that mixcloud channel and couldn't find any more Marcus on Deja, but the two Hard House Banton/Dubplate Wonder 2008 Deja Vu sets on there are good though. So many tunes that never got released

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
reluctant to transcode them to mp3 as they are already in fairly low bitrate real audio but I'll stick up the whole batch.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
7 gb of deep house page sets, around 500 of them, mostly in very low bitrate real audio. But hey, that's how they were uploaded at the time in the early 00s. if you can source cleaner rips, let me know.

phil.

Found a couple old Supa D mixes from 2007, the houSupa 3 and Flirtatious VIP meets House Warming 2006/7 NYE (not the 2007/8 NYE mix CD on his soundcloud) promo CDs

Last edited: