Mix Request Thread

phil.

Gonna see if I can ID all the tracks for those funky CDs and tag 'em properly.
In the meantime here's a mostly post-punk mix Regis did that was supposed to be a CD on downwards but instead wound up being hosted on FACT before it got DMCA'd. Good shit though, all Birmingham stuff. Pairs well with the 2 mixes he did with The Black Dog for mnml ssgs.
Regis - Built on Sand: A Birmingham Sampler '78-'86

phil.

Here's the 2 Supa D CDs and 2 DJ Pioneer promo CDs as well
Supa D - Housupa 3

Supa D & Dogtanian - Flirtatious VIP meets House Warming 2006/7 NYE

If I'm not mistaken, this is the promo CD that Tippa mentions a couple times in the 2006 Circle set posted on Rinse (It's tagged 2007, but listen to Tippa around 53 mins in, he talks about going in to 2007, which would make this Christmas day 2006, which would make this a recording of the first Circle party I believe)

DJ Pioneer - Birthday Bash 2007

DJ Pioneer & Ramzee - Birthday Bash 2011

Wasn't able to ID more than a half dozen tunes on the House Warming mix so I just linked where I got it from

phil.

Put together list of all the sets & mixes I've been digging for, if anyone has one here, please share! Gonna keep posting as I find stuff

Rinse
Roll Deep Rinse FM 11-12-06
Mak 10 on Rinse FM September 9th 2007

Plastician sets
Plastician151007
Plastician221007
PlasticianRadio1_30dec2006
PlasticianRadio1-_Sat16dec
Plastician BBC Radio 1 November 18 2006

Pyro Radio
MA1 Pyro Radio or Rinse FM sets
Mak 10 on Pyro Radio 17.10.08

Axe FM
Meshak Ft. Stormin Nasty Jack Axe FM 15-11-08 GrimeForum.com
Militant Terrorists Axe FM 12.07.05

Sub FM
seclusRadio_SubFM_Jan08
seclusRadio_SubFM_sept09

Marcus Nasty @ Red Carpet Aiya Napa 2008
MA1 Red Carpet Promo Mix CD 2006
Supa D - Street Tuff Records Presesnts The Soulful Funky House Experience: Timeless Anthems
Marcus Nasty on Deja Vu FM March 27th 2008

Last edited:

phil.

@catalog was having trouble w/ the footwork mixes, so here's re-ups on mega for anyone else who can't access:
DJ Nate - Taxx Chronicles 2
RP Boo - Record Player Boo 2008

I got the Supa D mix CD I was looking for above it anyone wants, it's not as hard to find as I had thought!

i've been looking for the set where JME wheels Joker's "Gully Brook Lane" for AGES if anyone's got it, know it used to be shared around. I believe Maximum & Karnage were the DJs, Roll Deep's show on Rinse FM December 2006? Also seen dead links for 'ROLL DEEP wheel ups on GULLY BROOK LANE.mp3'

phil.

Nice one thank you @phil. The other good joker one was a blackdown and dusk set where they had trim going over digidesign.
I love that 1! where there's like a 30 second pause as Trim's figuring how he's going to catch the beat lol. the Skepta/Plastician set with the first few Joker tracks has some good moments too. & you're welcome, enjoy! iirc most of taxx chronicles 2 wound up getting mined for the first planet mu record

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
i've been looking for the set where JME wheels Joker's "Gully Brook Lane" for AGES if anyone's got it, know it used to be shared around. I believe Maximum & Karnage were the DJs, Roll Deep's show on Rinse FM December 2006? Also seen dead links for 'ROLL DEEP wheel ups on GULLY BROOK LANE.mp3'

I asked @slackk for this along with the geezer who upped all the logan sama kiss sets on here but no dice.

He possibly didn't see it, forgot, lost them or all of the above.

phil.

Might well be redundant for but for @WashYourHands I've been going through DJ M-Traxxx's soundcloud page and there's a lotta WBMX stuff a fair amount of which isn't/wasn't on DHP. And just for fun here's a Farley Jackmaster Funk set ending with a slightly pitched down "No UFOs".

Also if anyone has these two Jeff Mills Wizard mixes please lmk! They both used to be up on DJ Assault's website. Think I found the December one on soulseek, will post when it's done downloading if that's the case sadly, it wasn't the one. I'm looking for any set where he plays the remix of "Technicolor" he did with Doug Craig.
WJLB 1986-07-02
WJLB 1986-12-16

Last edited: