The Human League

DLaurent

I've never listened to much by this group but occasionally hear something I like. I like the darker stuff like below, where's best to start?

john eden

male pale and stale
The Reproduction and Travelogue albums are the pre-pop ones essentially. Before the Heaven 17 guys left and Joanne and Susanne joined.

catalog

Used to love being Boiled and never thought much else about that EP but then polystyle posted Marianne and I love that too

DLaurent

Ah yeah. Marianne is one of the tracks I've heard before thanks to someone posting it in a top 100 or similar. Great track. Lots of listening to do, thanks.

martin

----
I had a mad crush on the brunette after I saw her doing Sound of the Crowd on TOTP. Think I preferred them as glossy pop stars to when they were mithering on about Buddha and doing Tomorrow's World-style slide shows. "Seconds" is a great tune. Also that 12" they did as The Men.

But maybe "Path of Least Resistance" off Reproduction was as dark/coldwave-y as they got?

william_kent

The League Unlimited Orchestra _ Love and Dancing ( 1982 )

Hard Times
Love Action (I Believe In Love)
Yon't You Want Me
Things That Dreams Are Made Of
Do Or Die
Seconds
Open Your Heart
hTe Sound Of The Crowd

everything has eluded me at this point, and what I meant to post has been lost because of stupid edits ( and incompetence on my part )

but what I meant to say was;

ROOTS OF TECHNO = the DARE remix album

no way Kevin Saunderson never heard this

I had cherrypicked certain tracks, but rum and fat fingers interfered BUT just listen to the whole album and then tell me that the Detroit guys hadn't heard this....

1982 - so far ahead of their time.....

Last edited: