DJ IMAGINARY CAT - CHOPPIN GAME WIT TAE (ENKA SLOWED AND REVERB)

Mr. Naga Pickle

916fd69c0e186b447953beae40827c5c.jpg

My friend Tae is going to Japan, so I have decided to make him a mix of SLOWED AND REVERBED ENKA MUSIC
so that he can experience lots of melancholy asian saudades before his trip! Here I have uploaded the
mix online, so that you can do the same, should you feel so inclined:

Asazaki Ikue - Chijuryahama
Ayuo & Hiromi Ohta - Haru No Yume
Shodai Columbia Rose - Wataridori Itsu Kaeru
Funaki Kazuo - Zesshou
Keiko Fuji - Yume Ha Yoru Hiraku
里見洋と一番星 - 噂の女
Akiko Nakamura - Rainbow Lake
Shimakura Chiyoko - Ai No Sazanami
Meiko Kaji - Hotaru No Hashi
Hideko Okiyama - ダンチョネ節
Tabata Yoshiro - 19 No Haru
おやじの海 - 村木 賢吉
Beautiful Shateau & Synthesizer - 人生の並木路

Mr. Naga Pickle

this needs a local with indoor smoking allowed
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS GOING FOR! Scarcely spent any time in those sorts of bars
when I lived in Asia, as they were always extremely expensive, and didn't seem like they'd be particularly welcoming
of a gay baby raver such as myself...

I've nonetheless been fascinated with them ever since! In reading about places like Taipei, HK, and Tokyo over the past 20
or so years, it appears smoky little bars where middle aged salarymen sip whiskey and listen to sad songs are becoming a thing
of the past, though I very much hope to find some, should I ever have the chance to return!

Mr. Naga Pickle

These serve such a necessary function, probably needed more than ever. Let's open one here, Hap.
Couldn't agree with you more! I've daydreamed about starting the dance music version of a pianoba, where old ravers can mourn their salad days while the very most morose technosoul/early idm/moody 90s jungle/etc. weeps in the background, tho I reckon there are only a couple of cities in the world where something like this might work, and I don't live in one of them :(

• Love
Reactions: Leo

Leo

Couldn't agree with you more! I've daydreamed about starting the dance music version of a pianoba, where old ravers can mourn their salad days while the very most morose technosoul/early idm/moody 90s jungle/etc. weeps in the background, tho I reckon there are only a couple of cities in the world where something like this might work, and I don't live in one of them :(

yeah, prolly pretty small target audience. not the kind of place to have TVs showing football.

william_kent

anyone have any recommendations for Jazz Kissa / audiophile deep listening bars in Tokyo?

if I can avoid catching covid again ( it's still a thing ) and get through the border control at Narita airport in a couple of weeks then one of my items on the "itinerary" is to visit at least one

might have to spam the church and mosque thread with shrines and temples from Taiwan and Japan next month

Mr. Naga Pickle

anyone have any recommendations for Jazz Kissa / audiophile deep listening bars in Tokyo?

if I can avoid catching covid again ( it's still a thing ) and get through the border control at Narita airport in a couple of weeks then one of my items on the "itinerary" is to visit at least one

might have to spam the church and mosque thread with shrines and temples from Taiwan and Japan next month
ULTIMATE TOKYO DEEP LISTENING EXPERIENCE:

not a jazz kissa/listening bar, though likely the best place to hear weird music in tyo at the moment:

also good:

helpful website:

vital facts:

2294682201_65dac955cf_b.jpg

wektor

can someone email oren ambarchi and ask him for kisa and restaurant recommendations in tokyo
i am certain someone on this forum must have his contact details