Idle Rich's (Short) Film Night 2 - 8th Feb, In Bloom, Lisbon

IdleRich

IdleRich
Idle Rich's (Short) Films
In Bloom
Weds 8th Feb from 1930
FREE ENTRY

Idle Rich's film night returns for a second evening of unannounced but carefully curated and especially selected total headfuckers. After December's curtain raiser we push a bit further out, we dig a little deeper in. We've stalked the twilight zone, scaled the mountains of madness and emerged with incomprehensible alien artifacts, the very sight of which may drive a man unsane. Add in soundtrack selections pulled from her crates by the magical Mimi Melody and this will be a truly brain-twisting night.

1930 - Mimi Melody on the decks
2030 - Short films with cigarette and alcohol breaks, music from Mimi Melody & Idle Rich
Approx 2300 - Filns end, Mimi Melody

IdleRich

IdleRich
Been telling every single person I meet about this, if half the people who say they are gonna come actually do we are gonna need a bigger boat...

bloodfairy14.JPG

the black tower john smith.png

Le-Grand-Depart-19714-e1568789805705.png

IdleRich

IdleRich
Well, the programme for Weds was supposed to be a secret, however my friend Roz did an Instagram post inviting people to go and see her short film at my thing so the cat is out of the bag regarding that film at least. Still, it's only seven minutes out of the whole evening so it's not the end of the world.

The film in question was directed by our friend Roz Gomersall, she works in the film industry making prosthetics, monsters, wounds and so on for films such as Brandon Cronenbourg's Possessor and his new one which is hitting cinemas any day now I believe. She also did stuff for Peter Strickland I think - it's not always cool films but seems to be a really cool job that she just sort of fell into without any background in the field. Think she just helped a guy making something once and he set up a company which makes stuff for films with increasing success to the extent he bought a studio and employed her full time.

I get the impression a director comes to them and says "I need a demon baby that breathes fire" or "Can you make me a face mask that looks like a donkey with horns" and they just kinda figure out how to build the actual physical object out of rubber or fur or anything that will work.

A lot of the time she works in the studio but towards the end of last year she went to Estonia and Serbia which are cheap places to film and created zombies and other bits and bobs on set.

It's quite disconcerting cos on her facebook she'll put a picture of some horrendously burned arm and it gets me every time "fucking hell are you ok?" but of course it will be something for a film...

Anyhow now she's taken a break from rendering other people's nightmares in three glorious dimensions and moved behind the camera to create a bad dream of her own with a title worthy of Mr Tea Foetal Attraction

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
Tonight... I've dug deep for mindtwisting rarities to open your third eye & lead you through the doors of perception, across the black seas of infinity to the hill of dreams... if you leave now you have time to get there, so see you later!

IdleRich

IdleRich
Tonight... I've dug deep for mindtwisting rarities to open your third eye & lead you through the doors of perception, across the black seas of infinity to the hill of dreams... if you leave now you have time to get there, so see you later!

IdleRich

IdleRich
Really pleased with how that went so there will be another next month I hope.
In case anyone is interested, the films were as follows;

The Black Tower (John Smith)
Life in the XXIst Century (Iosu Vakerizzo)
La Fee Sanginuaire (Roland Lethem)
Foetal Attraction (Roz Gomersall)