Wild Isles (BBC)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Tea: Says he's a believer in "science," posts big media propaganda and UN "studies" to back him up

Sus: Reads actual books by ecologists for his environmental opinions, understands that there are many ways to measure diversity and that popular statistics are mainly used as a bludgeoning tool by liberal elites
Tea: also actually lives in actual Britain.

• Haha
Reactions: sus

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Beyond a lost, dribbling Bellamy wanking in rhododendron bushes what’s grubby? This is a Corpsey thread, wanking is in its dna, indeed @craner very recently the conversation turned to the sexual frustration of dolphins in captivity

The point is bbc nature personalities are multigenerational figureheads to some, guides, to worlds which exist in a separate world from our own reality. It can be predicated on pearl clutching bbc program scheduling but Attenborough is a contradiction - avid establishment conservationist happy to accept an honour but even I would accept he does some good

Wild Isles though? Contradiction in terms, give him a send off on Britannia by Britannia for Britannia then make him King of the Isle of Man or something

william_kent

I drunkenly deleted my post about how Johnny Morris forced Michaela Strachan into a coke habit, but if it wasn't for Animal Magic we would never had "Hitman and Her", and I feel we would be somehow less for that

I love the "Hacienda" episode where Michaela, despite the observational skills that Johnny Morris must have instilled in her, fails to understand what is going on, even though Pete almost gets it, although he has to take the piss just a little bit;

hitman and her - hacienda part 2

UK wild IslEs

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
the old bloke who looked like Marty Feldman who’d pitch up in places like Grimsby or Medway and dance like a weirdo with multiple exclusion/stalking orders against him

probably got free beer, a tenner, a sandwich from Spar to go home with, sparked out at least once but on to a good thing and he knew it

william_kent

i have fond memories of "wiggy"

image.jpg

william_kent

hacienda, big brother presenter, before she was famous, "D Mc", bent over the pool table in the basement, anal ( or was it Michaela, "her"?, my memory is foggy )

anyway, just a rumour

hashtag uk wild isles

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
You look on your kids’ computer and see they’ve been watching weasel vs rat YT vids instead of a skeleton structure breakdown lesson or eye function structure

My eldest is too old to engage with these formats beyond lectures and music but the youngest three are all under 12 and Attenborough feeds into schools, into their universes and into their favourite subject of all = sharks

If you’re trying to encourage more learning and ongoing ventures into water, be it rivers or the sea, he’s unavoidable. If you’re trying to be an educator or at least lead kids to joy, Attenborough is as ubiquitous as Gandalf and if he isn’t talking about sharks, shark attacks on surfers, shark species, shark habitats, shark teeth, megadinoshark, baby sharks, fresh water sharks, cocaine sharks, you know, sharks, they simply want more answers to how these species function, how they’ll survive and will bypass Attenborough to get there. We haven’t completely failed as parents

Screening existential environmental angst to below a certain volume threshold is healthy for kids, inertia isn’t happening with this brood but you have to let young minds explore too. As long as they don’t start fishing carp lakes with my brother-in-law it’s manageable

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
You look on your kids’ computer and see they’ve been watching weasel vs rat YT vids instead of a skeleton structure breakdown lesson or eye function structure

My eldest is too old to engage with these formats beyond lectures and music but the youngest three are all under 12 and Attenborough feeds into schools, into their universes and into their favourite subject of all = sharks

If you’re trying to encourage more learning and ongoing ventures into water, be it rivers or the sea, he’s unavoidable. If you’re trying to be an educator or at least lead kids to joy, Attenborough is as ubiquitous as Gandalf and if he isn’t talking about sharks, shark attacks on surfers, shark species, shark habitats, shark teeth, megadinoshark, baby sharks, fresh water sharks, cocaine sharks, you know, sharks, they simply want more answers to how these species function, how they’ll survive and will bypass Attenborough to get there. We haven’t completely failed as parents

Screening existential environmental angst to below a certain volume threshold is healthy for kids, inertia isn’t happening with this brood but you have to let young minds explore too. As long as they don’t start fishing carp lakes with my brother-in-law it’s manageable
Are cocaine sharks the new cocaine bears?

Rumor is he's the Jimmy Savile of bestiality. Sure, he likes animals and is genuinely fascinated by them. But he also really, really, loves animals. Travels the world to worry new species. Even fucked a wasp nest once, to the horror of production staff at BBC's Natural History Unit.