Tales From a Disappearing City - Controlled Weirdness vidcast

IdleRich

IdleRich
I dunno if you saw me say this before @john eden (apologies if so) but on new years day there was this event that Threads Radio put on in a shop on Hackney Road, basically an all day broadcast with loads of DJs doing an hour or so.

Towards the end of the day Controlled Weirdness was playing and I remembered that he used to play at Wang years ago (probably about 200m from where we were just then come to think of it) and got chatting to him. In the end we ended travelling most of the way home together on the same night bus. Nice guy.

But I took his details with the aim of booking him to play in Portugal if possible. I would really like to make it happen if at all possible, although logistically it's very difficult to make things like this work. At least he knows how things work and doesn't have unrealistic expectations which makes it more feasible. Really looking for the right event to add him to.

0bleak

Has anyone else been keeping up with all of the episodes so far?
I've never heavily been into podcasts/vidcasts, but this is something where I continue to look forward to more episodes
EP 1-3 w/ Blackmass Plastics
EP 4-5 w/ Howard Slater
EP 6-7 w/ Neil Transpontine
EP 8 w/ Simon Dexorcist
EP 9 upcoming in a few hours w/ Ben Dead Silence

IdleRich

IdleRich
I keep meaning to check this out properly. Of course it looks interesting in its own right but there is also the Wang connection - pretty sure Dexorcist, Dead Silence Syndicate and CW all played there at least once - that night was night was so special and important to me and to a lot of people I knew too (eg @Mr. Tea)... although maybe not to Controlled Weirdness himself, from talking to him I got the impression that he barely remembered it.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I keep meaning to check this out properly. Of course it looks interesting in its own right but there is also the Wang connection - pretty sure Dexorcist, Dead Silence Syndicate and CW all played there at least once - that night was night was so special and important to me and to a lot of people I knew too (eg @Mr. Tea)... although maybe not to Controlled Weirdness himself, from talking to him I got the impression that he barely remembered it.
Dexorcist definitely rings a bell... ta, I'll have a listen.

Edit: is there gonna be any music or is this just talking?

0bleak

It's mainly talking, but they also put up a lot of pictures of the stuff they're talking about like records, or shops or venues etc.
Generally, they kind of start with a person's formative experiences and how that led them to be involved in dance music.
A lot of different music and scenes get discussed, and what kinds depends on the guest, and CW also talks a lot about his own history and ties together a lot of different strands of different music and scenes.
If a person listens from the start, would hear talk of everything from free-improv to punk/post-punk to early electro to acid house to pirates to well-known radio figures like the Colins.