Invisible Sounds back in Porto

IdleRich

IdleRich
In a reversal of the usual order we play Torto tonight and Ferro tomorrow.
Gonna be a gruelling weekend as I only managed two hours kip and now I'm rushing around like a maniac, train at six which will arrive in Porto just after nine. We DJ from 11 until 4 and then I guess we try and find somewhere to sleep (out of season they put us up in Selina hostel for free but now it's too busy). Saturday we have to try and take it easy cos we DJ from 11pm until 5am and then catch the bus at 7am... wish us luck!

Attachments

• IMG_20230602_132136_394.jpg
    IMG_20230602_132136_394.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 2

IdleRich

IdleRich
Particularly for Liza, turns out that they 'made' her party all night Thurs, she managed to extricate herself at three thirty pm pointing out she had to pack her stuff and then catch the 1800 bus but stragglers were still claiming disappointedly "you have loads of time".

Reactions: Leo

Leo

Hey Rich, are you into José Pinhal? Pre-dated your arrival, Portuguese pop from the 70s getting a revival, his three albums were recently reissued. I just saw that some of the guys who run the Favela Discos label in Porto formed the José Pinhal Post-Mortem Experience tribute band back in 2016 and just played the outdoor FNAC festival at Jardins da Torre de Belém in Lisbon.

Background here.

IdleRich

IdleRich
They do talk about him a lot, if it's what I'm thinking of sometimes they play him at clubs and everyone sings along and we'll be thinking what the fuck is this and someone will tell us the story again. But that's the limit of my knowledge.

Reactions: Leo