Crap garage anthems

IdleRich

IdleRich
she had people to read books on her behalf

They read them to her, or they just read them totally separately so she didn't have to?

Didn't she also try and sue Peterborough to stop them using them using "The Posh" as a nickname?

IdleRich

IdleRich
Nah, this is great -such a perfectly simple, catchy, but tough beat. Dnd were great producers. There was a good set I used to listen to with, I think, Spyro where he was dropping in loads of little snatches of old ukg classics in amongst grime etc, and when the beat for this came in it sounded fucking brilliant

There's no way you can say babycakes is better than that - it's like a damp dishcloth in comparison

Whenever I hear the name "Bedingfield" I think of the letter to Viz "That Natasha Bedingfield was on the cover of every single magazine in the newsagents except for Horse and Hound - which I find doubly ironic".

Benny Bunter

FTR I won't hear a bad word said against sweet like chocolate. Or Re-rewind boselecta.

Craig David all over your BOINK 🔥

No babycakes is v good! it’s 2000s English teenage energy distilled. Wet look gel and a T-shirt with a distressed American university logo, fingering etc

wild greens

Babycakes is the point where garage had left london and moved out into kent/essex/herts and beyond

Late era shit regional nightclub garage, got to respect that really

Leo

You guys have this all to yourselves, doubt anyone in the States has any idea about any of this stuff. Some garage trax (or garage remixes of popular trax) drifted into clubs from time to time, but just mixed in with everything else, never any sort of standalone/identifiable mass thing.

Leo

if it has roots in the Paradise Garage, it's a variation on what Larry Levan and others were playing.

Leo

I'm sure there are some but I couldn't name one right now. how about you, @Clinamenic? what are some US garage tracks, crap or otherwise?