Sundissential?

DLaurent

I never went though there were the same people who went to techno or goth places in Birmingham that did.

Anyone on here go? If so what were the big tunes? Or Hard House in general?

DLaurent

Bumped into mate that went House of God and he was going on about Green Velvet Flash and DHS House of God.

wild greens

I was led to believe that Sundissential was always a tiny bit more glossy than the proper moody Nukleuz hard house ones, i.e a bit more real mdma than the pink-flecked rushy pills end of things. I never went as just that bit too young but would have been right up my street at one point

I guess we're thinking about Fergie & Bk - Hoovers & Horns, maybe some Dinky stuff?

Strange to see nostalgia for this again, second time recently. Much lamented music

wild greens

Yeah its hard to seperate it all really, we had similar scenes to all this, just so many mental mitsis flying about, beak at the afters, grade 2 back and sides, gun violence

Great introduction to the adult world in a way

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
Lots of the Paul Janes records from this era are very big in clubs this past year. Bit mystifying but every other 90s scene is being ransacked so why not I suppose, some of his Untidy stuff stands up a bit better than a lot of this gear that went much higher up the tempos.

Sundissential got a lot of shine around the turn of the millennium as something with a bit of more of an edge when other brands in that scene were getting very commercial indeed. Though it all went the same way. Nick Rafferty was a resident I think so any of this mixes from around then would offer a better snapshot than some of the compilations that were done up for HMV release etc

Likewise, there is a descent documentary about Trade at Turnmills on YouTube and Tony De Vits essential mix are better intros to that scene than much of the later stuff. Check out any old Mark Kavanagh

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
I never went but I did go out on the London hard house scene a lot at around the same time (it was a lot of fun!). As far as I knew, Sundissential was part of that whole Midlands/Northern England club circuit in the late 90's / early 00's, along with Gatecrasher, Passion, Insomniacz, etc, so it was a bit different from the London scene, as there was more dressing up in ridiculous outfits, neon, fridge magnets, all that kind of shit.

it's a shame gurn.net went down many years ago, I used to enjoy looking at the photo galleries from stuff like Sundissential in bemusement

generally the music was bouncier than in London, and they were really into the donk bass sound (at the time we used to call it 'oink oink' hehe), stuff like this