A Slave To Power

william_kent

I've been reading Robert Irwin's Satan Wants Me. Irwin was apparently a Islamic/Medieval historian before writing fiction full-time.

He was also briefly involved with The Process in their early London Scientology splinter group days

He appears in this documentary as far as I can recall

Sympathy for the Devil: The True Story of the Process Church of the Final Judgment

• Wow
Reactions: sus

version

I've been reading Robert Irwin's Satan Wants Me. Irwin was apparently a Islamic/Medieval historian before writing fiction full-time.

It's about a sociology student who slowly gets sucked into a Satanic lodge & initiated. And you watch how, despite at first having an ironic remove or feeling in control of the situation, the protagonist slowly comes to feel out of control/not himself. Like his own will and self-understanding has been hollowed out and replaced by the will of the initiators. All these subtle ways that he's mind-manipulated.

You ever seen an Arnie film called End of Days? I rewatched some of it the other night when I was going on about the Millennium. He's alcoholic atheist ex-cop who has to prevent Satan impregnating a specific woman and bringing about the end of the world on NYE 1999.

Anyway, there's a bit where The Devil tries to tempt him by offering him his dead wife and daughter back and he goes about it by telling him he's a good person, that nothing was his fault, he didn't do anything wrong, he didn't deserve it.

• Wow
Reactions: sus

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps

It's about a sociology student who slowly gets sucked into a Satanic lodge & initiated. And you watch how, despite at first having an ironic remove or feeling in control of the situation, the protagonist slowly comes to feel out of control/not himself. Like his own will and self-understanding has been hollowed out and replaced by the will of the initiators. All these subtle ways that he's mind-manipulated.

sus

You ever seen an Arnie film called End of Days? I rewatched some of it the other night when I was going on about the Millennium. He's alcoholic atheist ex-cop who has to prevent Satan impregnating a specific woman and bringing about the end of the world on NYE 1999.

Anyway, there's a bit where The Devil tries to tempt him by offering him his dead wife and daughter back and he goes about it by telling him he's a good person, that nothing was his fault, he didn't do anything wrong, he didn't deserve it.

Immortality is canonically how Satan gets you, right?

sus

1696200385760.png

This is basically Satanic / Thelemite magic, right? This is what L. Ron Hubbard had? Parsons was a magician with fire, but Hubbard had the soft social magic that trumped Parsons' skillset.