Drum and Bass in 2000s

DLaurent

Anyone like it and if so what are your favourite tunes post y2k?

I feel it has been forgotten about and either written off as no good in the first place or cancelled?

mixed_biscuits

Did drumfunk come to be in the 00s? Looks like it might have, judging by Paradox' release dates.

The stuff with the bendy synth lines came to the fore also, for worse or for better:

Not sure that drum and bass ever recovered from the injections of synth administered in that decade.

Nor from the often inappropriate musicality from converted antipodean rock bands.

DLaurent

Calibre sampled this for the track I posted. I don't mind his stuff.

Drumfunk versus Clownstep defines the era.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Got into DNB circa 2005 and was into it heavy for about three years i would say... I don't listen to any of it now but I have fond memories of the raves

mixed_biscuits

mixed_biscuits

This style sadly didn't spread very far beyond the Facs/BKey/Dylan nexus - a great mix of loose drums, reeses and acid squelches with just the right amount of reverb to gel everything together and give it a live feel.