Standard film bro opinions

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I was tempted to reply to a twitter thread about what the best david fincher film is

I was going to say 'zodiac' – which first of all is wrong cos its obviously 'gone girl'

And I realised, fuck that's such a boring film bro opinion

There are different varieties of film bros ofc but get what i mean

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I'm a sort of semi-active film bro

I think we did a thread on here before (how ironic) about how the internet shows you that the opinions you think are yours are held by thousands/millions of other ppl, so you end up totally disgusted with yourself

version

I think discussing Fincher at all is probably "film bro" behaviour, let alone picking a favourite. If you said Alien3 then maybe you wouldn't look like a bro, but you'd look like a contrarian.

version

Don't you hate all these 22 minute "video essays" on youtube now about how Fincher uses tilt focus or how Kubrick uses panning or whatever

I'm sure we'll get some on Fassbender's character in the new one. Some "sigma male" shit.

version

Fincher claimed he told his daughter not to hang out with a guy she was friends with after she told him his favourite film was Fight Club.

version

I think we did a thread on here before (how ironic) about how the internet shows you that the opinions you think are yours are held by thousands/millions of other ppl, so you end up totally disgusted with yourself

If you genuinely hold an opinion then it probably shouldn't matter, doubly so if you held it prior to learning it was held by thousands/millions of other people.

That being said, if enough people buy into some stupid template then I suppose you run into the issue of being treated according to the template, e.g. you must be a dickhead / idiot because you like a certain film.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The second when it gets into "Project Mayhem" isn't as good.
Still worth watching for Meat Loaf, and for the bit where the camera pans across the notice board with newspaper cuttings pinned to it, and you've just got time to read the headlines "Police seize 'excrement catapult'" and "Missing monkeys found shaved."