Who else can use your phone?

...or personal devices? Who would you grant access to?

• Nobody - you would have to prise it from my cold dead etc and it's all password locked anyway

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • One or two specific people - partner, parent, sibling e.g.

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Anybody that i trust - friends, kids, colleagues,

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Anybody at all - as long as they don't monkey about with it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I'm comfortable adding a family member's fingerprint as an approved fingerprint to access my phone, but I haven't done it yet.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Work phone main software is passworded so kids mostly, mates are not to be trusted - woken up to shagging apps and grotesque screensavers

Personal shit Nokia? Have at it

shakahislop

hate giving someone else my phone. it's like their hands are in my brain. phones are an intimate device. the microchips might as well be part of my body by this point.

martin

----
have you ever let a random person use your phone?
Yeah, once - some old bloke got drugged and robbed in New Orleans and was trying to fly back to Arizona without any cash or cards. I let him call his unimpressed wife on my mobile, and gave him $20. He was a jackass - a couple of flirty young girls approached him in a bar, and he was so flattered he missed the roofy...the NOPD were like "what did you expect?".

But in general, nah, I don't lend anyone my phone unless I know them - how much of a cunt would you feel handing it over, and then them running off? I'd be too embarrassed to report it.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
have you ever let a random person use your phone?
I do feel like now, with fingerprint scans or even 6-digit unlock codes, and with so many phones being remotely traceable via Find my Phone and whatnot, the incentive to steal phones is pretty low most of the time, unless the thief targets a high-value person's phone and has the knowledge or tech to hack into it.

IdleRich

IdleRich
It's got a password so not just anyone can pick up and use it. But if one of my friends asked me the password or asked to borrow it briefly I'd most likely let them. As with any other of my possessions I would expect people to ask before borrowing.

But what you're getting at, I think, I don't feel violated letting someone else use it. I guess a lot of my secrets etc are in there but, it's not that they're hidden as such, but they're sort of dispersed in a way that maybe mirrors my mind and so I don't think letting someone use it would be embarrassing in a coherent way.

Though maybe I'm fooling myself.

Reactions: sus

sufi

lala
How about using someone else's smartphone?
how would that make you feel?
would you have a stealthy look at their personal stuff?
would that constitute relationship abuse?

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
one akward situation is always when someone wants to show you a photo that they took but first have to scroll through their entire album, you feel that they would have preferred to look up the photo first but also don't wanna turn the phone away because that would mean they have something to hide, so you feel their anxiety scroll scroll scroll quickly

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
or another thing that happens often, you give your phone to someone else, for example to show a photo or video, and then you start to get incoming messages of which the first few sentences are always readable

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
How about using someone else's smartphone?
how would that make you feel?
would you have a stealthy look at their personal stuff?
would that constitute relationship abuse?
yeh if i'd leave my phone somewhere and i would find out someone going through my photos or messages i'd be angry.