You've just been called up. Do you fight for Sunak and King Chuck?

You're called up to fight. What now?

• Too old

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Fuck no!

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Yes, if I have to

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Join insurgency and fight against the British state

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Conscientious objector

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I see the government is testing the waters for the nation's willingness to fight in a pointless war.

You got a letter from the government the other day. You opened it, read it, it said "we want you, sucker". Wyd?

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I shall object conscientiously and rather performatively given I have no stake in the matter. Indeed, you will all be reduced to grist for my personal media consumption mill.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
But if push comes to shove over here, I will once again resort to milking the adversity brought on by my Osgood-Schlatter's Disease, as I did in high school to get out of cross-country practice.

0bleak

I can't overstate how absolutely terrified I was that there would be a draft back in the day for the Gulf War.
I knew that I would end up like Private Pyle from Full Metal Jacket and end up eating a bullet during training from the intense mockery I would experience from my lack of motor skills that I didn't have a way to explain - NVLD diagnosis would still be a dozen years away.

mixed_biscuits

mixed_biscuits

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Clay pigeon shooting, just sayin. It’s like anything if you add competitiveness with mates and putting a small kitty together

Now you‘re prepared for the pals draft and legitimate targets

Thank me later

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
ask any *American survivalist whether they’d face a black bear with a shotgun or a bow

*The Dudes in christian citadel city compounds circa 2040 after ‘The Fall of Europe’

germaphobian

Mandatory military service is actually a good thing, people only sneer at the idea because they haven't thought it through. Correlation and causality, of course, are not the same, but it's still interesting that all the Nordic countries (Norway, Finland, Denmark, Sweden) do have military service. Exactly the countries that are always louded for all sorts of success and looked at with envy by almost everyone.
Left is especially mislead on this point, because they always talk about collectives, collectivities and how to build collectives and how to maintain them and so on and so forth, while the real answer is staring them right in the face. Anti-militarism is a lousy position and professionalization of army has been a disaster in the long run.

P.S. Pointless wars are a different issue though. But there would be less of those if citizens actually had a skin in the game.