version

Combination of speed and lightness is integral. If you drop the tempo, it's just floaty. There has to be a sense of wispy momentum to it. I suppose we could expand it to airy tunes in general if this is too narrow and the thread dies on impact.

Reactions: sus

version

Always felt 'Only Shallow' was like torpedoing through clouds on a glorious sunny day. It's almost too slow and heavy, but there's just enough momentum to keep the feeling. Sounds like one of those cloud angels with the sun blasting through.

other_life

bioconfused
future grime emcees over techstep lightens it a lot, music oft criticised here and elsewhere as plodding (which is true enough) esp. compared to jungle-qua-jungle
the Flightiest valentines tracks are the 87-89 stuff easy, 90 on definitely skews 'floatier'.

version

There's perhaps some techno that fits the bill, although there's something decidedly non-flighty about four to the floor. It doesn't seem to have the necessary spring and space to achieve lift off. The rhythm keeps pulling you back down to Earth.

version

This has it for me because of the combination of forward momentum and gliding, ethereal pads, keys and vocals. There's a weightlessness and openness to it.

Whereas this one, by the same producer, doesn't. There's something claustrophobic about it that sounds head down, like riding a superbike in a deep sea tunnel.

0bleak

although there is probably some dub techno that gives a flying or gliding feel
or something like this with dub techno applied to halftime dnb (I'm probably too influenced by the image - but like gliding over snowy mountains)

version

although there is probably some dub techno that gives a flying or gliding feel
or something like this with dub techno applied to halftime dnb (I'm probably too influenced by the image - but like gliding over snowy mountains)

Yeah, this has it. You can feel the windchill.