You won’t find a new country, won’t find
another shore.
This city will always pursue you.
You’ll walk the same streets, grow old
in the same neighbourhoods, turn grey in
these same houses.
You’ll always end up in this city. Don’t hope
for things elsewhere:
there’s no ship for you, there’s no road.
Now that you’ve wasted your life here, in this
small corner,
you’ve destroyed it everywhere in the world.

sus

Unsalvageable thread. It started out with so much promise but now it's time to take it out back, Ole Yeller style

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Thank the gods! @jenks is a solid source too

fuck it then, said rendition has two solos - one slide, one conventional or viceversa - and after the double solos on Peggy O later on 5/5/77 it might be my favourite solo ever played

too many sources compete for attention with the abominable cultural packages surrounding the band but 72-77 are constant gold at a rate not really found elsewhere among live acts outside of jazz and soul, always viewed yoghurt weaving patchouli gimps with complete disdain so it’s a slow burn moving through the 72-77 pantheon

also a band where declining health in full glare of media, audiences, parasitical money men and irresponsibility masked as personal liberation make post spring/summer 78 concert footage really grim viewing

with Row Jimmy from March 77 you get a warming up of the engine room at the start of their spring May 77 burst of shows, moving on across the east coast and this rendition of Row Jimmy is/was a majestic indicative taster of what was to follow

intriguing overlap in terms of dating obsessions if you look and compare the jungle thread, say, with it’s yearly focus points covering transitional production styles around 91 vs 92 vs 93 vs 94 (and proto hardcore N.Y. thread Benny did), differences in evolutionary trajectories, micro/macro adjustments in production techniques hence in the same way Betty Cantor-Jackson is one of the truly unsung heroines in the history of recorded music

anyway, tenderness and bliss and yes it goes on a bit after the second solo so when you feel the momentum drop fade it out into a humming spring night. different to the Cornell show‘s licks, I’ve played it to all our kids as a lullabies at background volume to settle them to sleep

/coolstorybrrrro

jenks

thread death
I was listening to a version of Dark Star the other day and thought that if Can had made it people would be all over it.

germaphobian

I was listening to a version of Dark Star the other day and thought that if Can had made it people would be all over it.

It's similar with Quicksilver Messenger Service; I read once that Television were immensley influenced by them as far as the dueling guitars go, so I gave it a try and, truth to be told, it is actually much better than Television on a musical level. But you can't really admit that, because Television were urban sophisticates well-versed in symbolist poetry while QMS are just bunch of greasy hippies.

sus

fuck it then, said rendition has two solos - one slide, one conventional or viceversa - and after the double solos on Peggy O later on 5/5/77 it might be my favourite solo ever played
"I've been around this whole country But I never yet found Fenneario"