Dissensus Does The Jhānas Together

sus

OK Gang it's time to try out the latest technology in the exquisite science together, we can all try and report out, share notes

Actually it's quite old technology but it fell into memory around the 10th century and has only semi-recently made a real comeback

Jhāna 1, the euphoria stage, has been likened to rolling on MDMA, "pleasure on tap" once you learn to master it and can fall into the trance

I am still early in my practice but I think it's about replacing negative feedbackloops that cause you to crash down from pleasurable cathexis, with positive feedback loops that keep you in the air, so to speak

sus

The first question that may arise when I say, “Shift your attention to a pleasant sensation” may be “What pleasant sensation?” Well, it turns out that when you get to access concentration, the odds are quite strong that, someplace in your physical being, there will be a pleasant sensation. Look at most any statue of the Buddha—he has a faint smile on his face... Pleasant sensations can occur pretty much anywhere. The most common place that people find pleasant sensations when they’ve established access concentration is in the hands... Another common place where people find a pleasant sensation is in the heart center, particularly if they’re using metta, or loving-kindness, meditation as the access method. Just shift your attention to the pleasantness of that sensation... Once you’ve found the pleasant sensation, you fully shift your attention to it. If you can do that, the sensation will begin to grow in intensity; it will become stronger. This will not happen in a linear way. At first, nothing happens. Then it’ll grow a little bit and then hang out and grow a little bit more. And then eventually, it will suddenly take off and take you into what is obviously an altered state of consciousness.

In this altered state of consciousness, you will be overcome with rapture, euphoria, ecstasy, delight. These are all English words that are used to translate the Pali word piti. Perhaps the best English word for piti is “glee.

0bleak

don't know... could be dangerous - one of the reasons that I started freaking out the first time I took acid (too much) was that I was afraid I was turning into a hippy
the second video is better though - I don't feel like they're going to start getting all touchy-feely with me and then tell me my chakras are misaligned when I withdraw from them

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
A housemate of mine is working on ultrasound techniques, almost like sonogenetics, to increase plasticity, and he just told me about this company:

@Mr. Tea would appreciate the punny name.

sus

don't know... could be dangerous - one of the reasons that I started freaking out the first time I took acid (too much) was that I was afraid I was turning into a hippy
the second video is better though - I don't feel like they're going to start getting all touchy-feely with me and then tell me my chakras are misaligned when I withdraw from them
This seems like something to work through

sus

Identity is nothing. The thing itself is everything.

The social reputation is nothing. The thing itself is everything.

sus

A housemate of mine is working on ultrasound techniques, almost like sonogenetics, to increase plasticity, and he just told me about this company:

@Mr. Tea would appreciate the punny name.
Yes it's very interesting if I could I would say the whole forum should take a field trip