Pure Cinema?

Ian Scuffling

I'm going with the opening shootout of The Wild Bunch and the house burning down in The Sacrifice off the top of my head. The Komm Susser Todd sequence in End of Evangelion is a different kind of pure cinema but is absolutely a pure expression of animated cinema as a culmination and consummation of experiments in celluloid as a physical medium and film animation.

william kent

One of the characters was watching The Wild Bunch in the cinema in a series I'm watching at the moment. He comes in just for some gunfight then all these people run in with no tickets and the police break it up and shut off the film.

sufi

lala
One of the characters was watching The Wild Bunch in the cinema in a series I'm watching at the moment. He comes in just for some gunfight then all these people run in with no tickets and the police break it up and shut off the film.
that series has the best selection of spectacles ever. Every pair of glasses is a design classic, scene after scene, character after character
sorry if that's off topic but i would love to be in that 70's Rome of immaculate and elegant eyewear

william kent

that series has the best selection of spectacles ever. Every pair of glasses is a design classic, scene after scene, character after character
sorry if that's off topic but i would love to be in that 70's Rome of immaculate and elegant eyewear

Did you finish it? I'm four episodes in. The last one I saw was the one focused on the Red Brigades.

william kent

yeh tbh the last episode was v confusing

I'll have to see how it's handled. The events themselves are confusing. There's a good Leonardo Sciascia book on the kidnapping that was published not long after and there are all sorts of questions hanging over it, some unanswered to this day.

91S+ZAZfG3L._SL1500_.jpg