exclusive skream interview and mix

mms

sometimes
2stepfan said:
I think this Skream mix would be, if released, one of the ten best records of the year.

you heard the tempa dubstep allstars 2 by naughty dj youngsta
got it in shop like - its rad - sold quite a few of them and everyone goes 'whats this?'

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
mms said:
you heard the tempa dubstep allstars 2 by naughty dj youngsta
got it in shop like - its rad - sold quite a few of them and everyone goes 'whats this?'
I noticed you had it, big yself up, it's in my basket. I want your shop to be THE place where non-cognoscenti can buy their Grime / Dubstep CD. (You need track listings in the info box though! Amazon-style samples would be good too.)

Dubstep is in good form right now after a period of being somewhat stern.

See also the Forensics mix which is threaded elsewhere -- very, very strong, banging dubby electronics, very Croydon but not too IDM.

As ever, all this stuff is vastly improved by the addition of ragga vocals, esp female ones, but that's true of every genre ever invented.

I liked Skream's "The Blackdown Mix" so much I blogged it extensively, for me it's a landmark release.

Watch out for ever-increasing dynamic tension between the Grime scene's micro-localism (as described by Blackdown) and the "insularity" described by K-Punk (a tension Matt, Luka and Simon wrote about two years ago!). By which I mean -- check the Rossi B and Luca Rinse show (also seperately threaded). How many future classics are on there that should be getting a proper airing?

Anyway. It's only disco...

mms

sometimes
2stepfan said:
I noticed you had it, big yself up, it's in my basket. I want your shop to be THE place where non-cognoscenti can buy their Grime / Dubstep CD. (You need track listings in the info box though! Amazon-style samples would be good too.)

Dubstep is in good form right now after a period of being somewhat stern.

See also the Forensics mix which is threaded elsewhere -- very, very strong, banging dubby electronics, very Croydon but not too IDM.

As ever, all this stuff is vastly improved by the addition of ragga vocals, esp female ones, but that's true of every genre ever invented.

I liked Skream's "The Blackdown Mix" so much I blogged it extensively, for me it's a landmark release.

Watch out for ever-increasing dynamic tension between the Grime scene's micro-localism (as described by Blackdown) and the "insularity" described by K-Punk (a tension Matt, Luka and Simon wrote about two years ago!). By which I mean -- check the Rossi B and Luca Rinse show (also seperately threaded). How many future classics are on there that should be getting a proper airing?

Anyway. It's only disco...

i reckon i've got whats wrong with the site and i'm bang on it getting an amazing new one made.
its a bain though .
getting more and more dubsteppy stuff on the site but have slightly less luck with the grime stuff - dealing direct is the benefit tho

Blackdown

nexKeysound
if you wanna hear more skream bits live n loud it's DMZ04 this weekend in brixton... oh plus it's jammer at FWD tonight too.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
would like to go but... babies to cuddle tonight :)

Marcus, there's a lot of value in that UI though... happy to help with spec for redesign / commercials & biz modelling etc.