IdleRich

IdleRich
This place called Hotelier hosts experimental music shows in what looks like a repurposed swimming pool. Very nice little place, I'm sure Rich knows it. Nice cheap wine and food as well.
I don't actually, we've been quite a few times but normally we just kinda play, sleep, eat, play, sleep, come home... can probably put together a few tips though - particularly regarding playing, sleeping and eating...

When do you go @Clinamenic ? We will be there at some point in March I think.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I don't actually, we've been quite a few times but normally we just kinda play, sleep, eat, play, sleep, come home... can probably put together a few tips though - particularly regarding playing, sleeping and eating...

When do you go @Clinamenic ? We will be there at some point in March I think.
The event is March 16-18, but I still need to arrange travel logistics. It would be my first time overseas! Wanted to ask you (or the one other person I know there) what the best lodging arrangement would be in my case.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Hmmm, probably Airbnb, but I'm not an expert cos we either stay with friends or stay at Hotel Selina for free... actually Selina might be worth checking, it's got dorms so I guess is cheap but has good facilities and is very central.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Hmmm, probably Airbnb, but I'm not an expert cos we either stay with friends or stay at Hotel Selina for free... actually Selina might be worth checking, it's got dorms so I guess is cheap but has good facilities and is very central.
Thanks - looking at their rates now, seemingly very affordable. plus i'll be able to deduct these expenses anyway.

IdleRich

IdleRich
One time we were sharing but noone else was in the other beds so we got it to ourselves. In fact that was the first time we stayed there and we just assumed it was always that way, had a bit of a shock next time actually.

Leo

when we were there in 2008, we stayed at a cool place.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Poisoner in Chief by S Kinzer

From the work shelf collective collection. Jfc, you knew it was always bad with specific intelligence agencies but Sidney Gottlieb seems utterly immune from guilt, sociopathic and ruthless, conversely you have to respect such moral turpitude and malevolence too because of what it’s capable of and the scope of Gottlieb’s ambition/each

Fascinating details, people dosed for many many days at a time who were already no pun highly vulnerable, entire legal farce itself is a wormhole of manipulation and while you can add wholesale drug importation, the levels of wickedness therein still surprises

Not recommended if you’re having a bad week or suspiciously minded

version

Reading Sabbath's Theatre by Roth. I reached a point quite early on where I was bored with all the fucking and cunts etc. But I pushed past it and I'm glad I did now.

He's evoking a sex obsessed mindset which means being boring and monomaniacal at times. But there's obviously something more painful going on that the satyromaniac is trying to fuck and wank away. (And YES, I identify with this, this mastering-me masturbation.)

Not sure what a woman would make of it, mind you. My mum is a huge Roth fan but this is the one she couldn't read, presumably because of the horrific obscenity of it all.

I picked this up again and it's so grubby. The guy's digging through his mate's nineteen year old daughter's knicker drawers and knocking one out in the bath over a framed photo of her while eating the lube from her bathroom cabinet.

There's a bit where Roth sticks in Yeats' Meru with her notes from class saying the students criticised it for unconscious gender privileging and lacking a woman's perspective.