Drugs and music appreciation

Buick6

too punk to drunk
I've smoked too many drugs this weekend and now I'm feeling vaugely depressed and totally inert and uninspired. I hate the great marijuana half-life sticking to yr brain-fat, stoner come-down!

Yikes! My initial post has bitten my ass!

hamarplazt

100% No Soul Guaranteed
Buick6 said:
True..and do you think that would also reflect on the quality of music. Alot of rockhead would say, that dance-type people can only get into the music on drugs, that without it, dance music's 'magic' doesn't work.
Well, I'd say the same for a lot of rock music... obviously some drugs are needed to make such crap "work". I have been to quite a few raves, and some of my absolute favorite music ever is some of the most "drug demanding" - gabber, brakbeat, jungle, acid - and yet, I've never ever taken any drugs, neither at raves or when listening to it at home, and it still works for me.

henry s

Street Fighting Man
Music Sounds Better With You

Music = 70's-era hard rock (Steve Miller, ZZ Top, Foghat, Boston, etc.)
You = alcohol (beer, really)

of course, that the referenced music sounds better both when you are wasted and driving a car is problematic...

Loki

i'm generally an amazingly calm person, who never really worries about anything therefore large amounts of psychedelic drugs and nasty weirdo music are necessary to get me anxious... otherwise I'd miss out on all the chaos and strife that appears to be in other peoples' minds...

It always means I tend to avoid drugs with a sedative effect on me... alcohol, dope etc and try to stick to the psychedelics.

Also, there's a very noticeable effect I've noticed on LSD/ Mushrooms etc that music and the drugs sort of fight it out for supremacy... we've sat around listening and the room has the collective delusion that either the music or the drugs is winning the battle for emotional aggregation...

Another issue: for some reason salvia divinorum in almost any quantity causes anything but very minimal music to be immensely irritating...

Buick6

too punk to drunk
hamarplazt said:
Well, I'd say the same for a lot of rock music... obviously some drugs are needed to make such crap "work". I have been to quite a few raves, and some of my absolute favorite music ever is some of the most "drug demanding" - gabber, brakbeat, jungle, acid - and yet, I've never ever taken any drugs, neither at raves or when listening to it at home, and it still works for me.

Good point. A few weeks ago me and a mate were slighty E'd and my mate says 'Why does AC/DC always sound so pissweak on an E? Innarestingly enough I heard a pretty groovy dance remix of 'Highway to Hell' a few days later!