Grime (lack of) Distribution

Canada J Soup

Monkey Man
I haven't found a lot of grime in NYC record stores (aside from the abovementioned higher profile stuff) with the exception of Kim's on St. Marks. I'm half convinced that it must be a Dissensus poster (or lurker) who works there, 'cause I've found tracks that were being talked up on here within weeks. Cheers to whoever it is if that's the case (and keep it up!).

petergunn

plywood violin
Canada J Soup said:
I haven't found a lot of grime in NYC record stores (aside from the abovementioned higher profile stuff) with the exception of Kim's on St. Marks. I'm half convinced that it must be a Dissensus poster (or lurker) who works there, 'cause I've found tracks that were being talked up on here within weeks. Cheers to whoever it is if that's the case (and keep it up!).

it's Craig, aka I-Sound, who stocks it all... dunno if he lurks here, but he knows his music... only store in the states i've seen any grime white labels at all... he's spinning at Pure Fire next week...

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Anyone who wants to get hold of records from artists into their local stores I am more than happy to help anyone.

Email me at info@logansama.com and I will get onto people for you. More time it will have to be me dealing directly with them and posting them out myself, but let me know either way.

I am still looking for copies of the 2nd Ice Rink EP for the people who asked me about it.

Eric

Mr Moraigero
tox said:
I'm out in Fukuoka, which is partly an advantage and part disadvantage.

My image of the scene there is that it's more reggae & rock oriented though there seems to be some good hiphop coming out of there these days too (according to someone, I havent heard any of it---in any case I don't usually feel Japanese hiphop much). is that right? are there grime people there? there's definitely a Tokyo scene and there are a fair number of djs in Nagoya who do garage & grime I know. Kansai is a little dead for that. I only know one guy here who's doing much.

tox

Factory Girl
Eric said:
My image of the scene there is that it's more reggae & rock oriented though there seems to be some good hiphop coming out of there these days too (according to someone, I havent heard any of it---in any case I don't usually feel Japanese hiphop much). is that right? are there grime people there? there's definitely a Tokyo scene and there are a fair number of djs in Nagoya who do garage & grime I know. Kansai is a little dead for that. I only know one guy here who's doing much.

Theres a big reggae scene out here for sure.

Follwing that, theres a huge techno and house crowd. Some very dedicated clubbers and some good nights (Ive seen Jeff Mills and Thomas Andersson in the last few months and Ewan Pearson coming up next week!). Not heard any Grime being played, but the djs, promoters and shops seem pretty open to all forms of music. The most popular UK music (behind Rock) is probably Broken Beat, but theres room to cross over into Grime Im sure.