DMZ in Leeds on Saturday -- roll call

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
transmissionback.jpg

This Saturday 4th Feb.

Who's reaching?

Me and Martin Dust planning on making the trip.

Very excited about this. Shame the DMZ room isn't running off the Iration Steppas system...

matt b

Indexing all opinion
i hope to- may sell out??

i was definately going to go, until i saw this months subdub line up:

iration steppas, conscious sounds, bush chemists in the main room
remarc, youngsta/task in room 2
(18th feb)

so i'm a little less bothered now ( i think 18th is during 1/2 term, so student quotient will be lower)

bassnation

the abyss
matt b said:
i hope to- may sell out??

i was definately going to go, until i saw this months subdub line up:

iration steppas, conscious sounds, bush chemists in the main room
remarc, youngsta/task in room 2
(18th feb)

so i'm a little less bothered now ( i think 18th is during 1/2 term, so student quotient will be lower)

youngsta is wicked live, well worth seeing. i'm not sure which event i'd pick if i was anywhere near leeds! they'll both be good.

would you run the risk of bumping into one of your students in term time? ;)

matt b

Indexing all opinion
bassnation said:
youngsta is wicked live, well worth seeing. i'm not sure which event i'd pick if i was anywhere near leeds! they'll both be good

in the parlance, i'm 'feeling' youngsta more than the others and the drum'n'bass crowd are more druggy than trhe subdub one. also, what is the point of grooverider in the 21st century?

bassnation said:
would you run the risk of bumping into one of your students in term time? ;)

i doubt it- hasn't happened yet, but the west indian centre does get totally rammed 9and room 2 is pretty small), so by going out of term time you can move about more easily

ambrose

so who went?

i was well into this, i liked the crowd, wasnt as busy as i feared, despite a crush on the door, and i was surpirsed how sexy dubstep was. loved the "encore" at the end with the jungle, strip lights on and all the people behind the decks taking photos. mary anne hobbs having a dance! etc

didnt bother the main room except to go to the cloakroom, but the soundsystem was brutal.

look out for DMZ in sheffield, sheffield people, come april (hopefully....)

ambrose

likewise! apologies for friends who might have been a bit battered...

anyone got any pics of it or have any surfaced on blogs etc?

Martin Dust

Techno Zen Master
Some pussy was ill ;) What's happening here in April Paul? Is the rain going to stop or someat*

*Copyright 2006 Arctic Monkeys

matt b

Indexing all opinion
i'm aiming for subdub on the 18th feb

hopefully, dougie conscious will drop the star wars dub track and mark iration will come back with his dr who theme tune version :)

oh, and of course youngsta.