Trouble In The Tate Modern

john eden

male pale and stale
IP is different, but it smells the same.

I've not binned it yet because it's provoked some amusement here.

Padraig

Banned
TracyShock

Last night's third installment of ArtShock on Channel 4 was particularly revealing about the leading players [gender issues serving as a convenient displacement] of BritArt.

baemin277.jpg
TRACYLR.jpg

After witnessing, on the Tracy Emin-narrated-and-presented documentary, Tracy and Rachel Whiteread wandering mystified around Whiteread's Snow White and the 14,000 dwarfs, Tracy and a representative of the Royal Academy of Art agreeing that said institution is "actually quite progressive," and finally Tracy and yer wan driving off wherever in a gleaming Rolls Royce ("my birthday present - from ME!"), Emin was as clueless about the operation of capitalist patriarchy [in the art industry, as anywhere else] at the end of the programme as she was at the beginning ... perhaps because she's a fully-paid-up member ...??

0,1020,232733,00.jpg

That aside, try not to miss tomorrow night's fourth and final installment of the series: it features Slavoj Zizek frantically presenting his psychoanalytic treatment of some of cinema's classics [often diegetically - Zizek pondering in mock-ups of the films' sets] in The Pervert's Guide To Cinema ...

Last edited:

wonk_vitesse

radio eros
interesting thread, some friends i know walked out with one of the white cubes at the Tate Modern the other day. We walked in amazement as no one stopped them. They got as far as The Globe b4 being told off by security!

There alot of ad-hoc performances going on alot of the time at the Tate, it attracts all sorts :confused: