Zizek C4 Thurs Mrch 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian Town

Masturbatory?? NOT SO THE WORKING CLASS MEN AND WOMEN WHO'VE US THE FASTEST GROWING AND MOST DYNAMIC FORCE ON THE LEFT

FACT - We are the only group in Europe that the workers fully endorese. FACT - We have more black and Asian members than any other revolutionary organisation our size. FACT - We are a growing threat to global capitalism, presumably why the bigots on this website would rather have me silenced than engage in rational debate.

If anyone here is SICK of this JOKE, I'd invite young people to ditch this site and check out the Revolution web board - http://www.revolutionboard.org.uk/cgi-bin/ikonboard.pl
An excellent chance to talk about REAL politics, not this sensationalist rubbish.
And there's also a non-political chill out lounge, where members can talk about pop music, so you can stuff your accusations of being 'self-righteous'

There's obviously an underlying fascist minority here - but the main problem of this board is that you're apathetic and probably all middle class.

Ian Town

www.workerspower.com

matt b

Indexing all opinion
Masturbatory?? NOT SO THE WORKING CLASS MEN AND WOMEN WHO'VE US THE FASTEST GROWING AND MOST DYNAMIC FORCE ON THE LEFT

and i can see why they're flooding to you as well, with your message of unification. i bet global capitalism is shitting itself.

lets all unite

D

droid

I'm not sure that alluding to alleged mental health issues and the medication thereof is going to help the stability of this forum, incidentally.

Well, if we're going to get all serious about it, I dont think that allowing a notorious and abusive troll to sneak back here under a new identity does anything for the 'stability' of the forum either. That someone who has slandered and threatened other members of this forum (including a founder of this place), and also threatened to hack the board is allowed to just wander back in here after having being publicy and permanently banned makes a total mockery of any kind of community or authority that may once have resided here - especially as the troll in question seems to be up to his old tricks again. My comment is laughably insignificant in comparison.

Anyway. I have no wish for a repeat performance. This kind of muddled moderation and lack of any kind of posting guidelines is exactly why I stopped reading and posting here in the first place.

Padraig's sorry little ressurection just happened to pique my interest... shant happen again.

PS: When someone directs this kind of abuse at me and other members of the board, I fully reserve the right to take the piss...

jenks

thread death
yeah, we must all be middle class - it can be the only reason why the board is like this and we're not all flying into your armsof workerspower.

john eden

male pale and stale
FASTEST GROWING [...] any other revolutionary organisation our size

This is like the "satanism is the UK's fastest growing religion" thing, isn't it? Cos they've like doubled their membership from 2 to 4, whereas other religions have merely expanded by the odd percent here and there.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
yeah, we must all be middle class - it can be the only reason why the board is like this and we're not all flying into your armsof workerspower.

either that, or working class and suffering from false consciousness- ian could be just the man to lead us into the light.
and tell the iranian workers what to do.

it'll be a busy day.

Ian Town

This is like the "satanism is the UK's fastest growing religion" thing, isn't it? Cos they've like doubled their membership from 2 to 4, whereas other religions have merely expanded by the odd percent here and there.

That's right, you mock, sonny jim. Never mind the fact that if you enter Camden Town on a Sunday you'll find our paper sellers outnumber the other pathetic parties by at least 5 to 1. Tell that to our comrades risking arrest, assault from the nazi scum from the Somers Town council estates, when they're building up THE ONLY CREDIBLE RESISTANCE TO CAPITALISM, direct from the streets of London.

Ian Town

www.workerspower.com

john eden

male pale and stale
Well, if we're going to get all serious about it, I dont think that allowing a notorious and abusive troll to sneak back here under a new identity does anything for the 'stability' of the forum either. That someone who has slandered and threatened other members of this forum (including a founder of this place), and also threatened to hack the board is allowed to just wander back in here after having being publicy and permanently banned makes a total mockery of any kind of community or authority that may once have resided here - especially as the troll in question seems to be up to his old tricks again. My comment is laughably insignificant in comparison.

Anyway. I have no wish for a repeat performance. This kind of muddled moderation and lack of any kind of posting guidelines is exactly why I stopped reading and posting here in the first place.

Padraig's sorry little ressurection just happened to pique my interest... shant happen again.

PS: When someone directs this kind of abuse at me and other members of the board, I fully reserve the right to take the piss...

My position on this is clear.

If you find any of hundredmillion's actual posts to be offensive then use the report post function.

If he dislikes you, rather than the content of your posts, he should keep it to himself and not engage in ad hominem attacks.

If you dislike him, rather than the contents of his posts, you should keep it to yourself and not engage in ad hominem attacks.

If you do not feel he should be allowed to post here then take it up with the moderators as a whole, rather than me. It is entirely possible that they will not agree with my position. The easiest way to do this is by reporting a post, which then creates an email which is sent to all the moderators.

If you feel there should be more posting guidelines then feel free to suggest some in a new thread.

Ian Town

either that, or working class and suffering from false consciousness- ian could be just the man to lead us into the light.
and tell the iranian workers what to do.

it'll be a busy day.

This is a typical attempt to twist my words. We will not be telling ANYONE what to do. However, to assume that the Iranian workers have the correct critique of capitalism is naive to say the least, and it is our duty to provide guidance.

Ian Town

www.workerspower.com

matt b

Indexing all opinion
This is a typical attempt to twist my words. We will not be telling ANYONE what to do. However, to assume that the Iranian workers have the correct critique of capitalism is naive to say the least, and it is our duty to provide guidance.

so what's the difference between 'providing guidance' to people who you believe can't think for themselves and telling people what to do?

when they're building up THE ONLY CREDIBLE RESISTANCE TO CAPITALISM, direct from the streets of London.

do you sell your papers at a profit?

Last edited:

craner

Beast of Burden
so what's the difference between 'providing guidance' to people who you believe can't think for themselves and telling people what to do?

Nothing! Re-education!

john eden

male pale and stale

Aside from his pseudo stalking and laughable threat to hack the boards, I really don't see much there other than the usual sweary nonsense which unfortunately happens on internet boards.

He was banned for that.

He seems to be behaving differently now and we are watching him.

You were not banned, but chose not to post here for a while - which I thought was a shame.

We can hardly ban padraig for personal abuse and threats and then not raise an eyebrow when people continue to slag him off - firstly when he can't even reply cos he's banned, and secondly the minute he comes back and seems to be behaving himself.

Being a mod isn't about my personal preferences, which is obviously responsible for some very uncomfortable situations.

EDIT: I would also like to point out that "reported posts" and subsequent email correspondence will be sent to my computer at home, so you will not get a swift response from me until tonight. Other mods may decide to act or respond before then.

Last edited:

matt b

Indexing all opinion
I'm not here to debate with lumpens.
But I'm glad that the idea of world revolution fills you with terror - obviously WORKERS POWER is doing something right!

answer the question.

so you don't like 'lumpens', which i assume is your loving way of referring to the lumpen proletariat, nor the middle classes.
that's quite a narrow range of people who you do like then- could you list appropriate professions, just to clarify?

at no point have i mentioned fear of a world revolution- YOU WORD TWISTER, you. but i do think you're a touch ideologically confused, to say the least.

Last edited:
D

droid

My position on this is clear.

If you find any of hundredmillion's actual posts to be offensive then use the report post function.

If he dislikes you, rather than the content of your posts, he should keep it to himself and not engage in ad hominem attacks.

If you dislike him, rather than the contents of his posts, you should keep it to yourself and not engage in ad hominem attacks.

If you do not feel he should be allowed to post here then take it up with the moderators as a whole, rather than me. It is entirely possible that they will not agree with my position. The easiest way to do this is by reporting a post, which then creates an email which is sent to all the moderators.

Actually, my comment was directed at Padraig, and since HML claims not be Padraig, then surely Im not guilty of any ad Hominem attacks against members of this forum? :p

And no - I dont think that anyone who has been permanently banned should be allowed to post here. Thats what the word permanent means - however, Im not really a member of this community anymore, so if the people who do live here are happy about it, then thats fine by me - though at least now they know whats going on.

I also realise that this wasnt your decision, nor is it likely that there is even any kind of consensus or policy about unbanning ex-members, and youre simply doing your best in an isolated case. The complete lack of consistency makes it all a farce though, regardless of the good intentions of individual mods.

If you feel there should be more posting guidelines then feel free to suggest some in a new thread.

Whats the point? I have suggested them privately and publicly over and over and over with no response, in fact I think I pleaded to have them brought in - but to no avail... You can only bang your head against a wall for so long...

john eden

male pale and stale
Actually, my comment was directed at Padraig, and since HML claims not be Padraig, then surely Im not guilty of any ad Hominem attacks against members of this forum? :p

I hope I am not breaching confidentiality by saying that HML seems to have taken offence at your ad hominem attacks on a previous poster.

And no - I dont think that anyone who has been permanently banned should be allowed to post here. Thats what the word permanent means - however, Im not really a member of this community anymore, so if the people who do live here are happy about it, then thats fine by me - though at least now they know whats going on.

Well fair play to you for having a clear position on that. Unfortunately it is very hard for us to actually enforce, as the whole Hell Science Dept debacle proved. I personally just don't have enough keyboard time or interest to check all this out, and it seems the other moderators are in a similar position.

Additionally there is still part of me which believes that (some) people can change and should be given a 2nd chance.

Whats the point? I have suggested them privately and publicly over and over and over with no response, in fact I think I pleaded to have them brought in - but to no avail... You can only bang your head against a wall for so long...

I honestly have no recollection of this - possibly because it was earlier in the year when I wasn't around?

Status
Not open for further replies.