Hip-Hop - breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

gumdrops

im going to start ending all my posts with 'bitch' or 'bitches'. i dont really find one any more annoying than if people ended all their posts with mate.

Last edited:

gumdrops

sticking to the thread title, i heard the rhymefest album... despite some good, interesting and thought provoking lyrics here and there and the fact he actually has a good dense flow, as an MC, somehow hes not all that distinct and weirdly seems to be quite unlikeable. something about him also seems kinda contrived. only about 4 really great songs on it, two of which feature kanye. also not much about blue collar politics on it at all. shame cos i really like what he has to say in interviews. hopefully lupe fiascos album will be better.

Last edited:

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
I left that out on purpose...

I always thought it came from the nation of gods and earths supreme mathematics with one being knowledge ?A lot of afrocentrists adopted many a 5 percenter phrase including Nas and the Wu Tangers. I think I remember reading that somewhere, along with the greeting 'Sup G' standing for God not gangsta?

Breaking it down, dropping science or not ?

RESTECP

Yep, it also came from termanology starting with the Nation Of Gods and Earths aka The 5% Nation...I usually leave references to them out because that can open another whole can of worms when trying to explain the culture of Hip Hop to people via a messageboard when I don't know how much they already know about it...Shit, Lord Jamar made the 5% Album and he decided to put a SHORT booklet with it to summarize the history and belief system of the NGE...it ended up being 90 PAGES LONG. I grew up around The Nation, the NGE, the Ansaarallah Community and later followers of Malachi Z York (who was a nut, but brilliant with languages). Many of the early innovators of emceeing were members of the NGE and they put the Knowledge into their verses. They called it "dropping jewels". One.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Mac Dre not RIP-ing very well

( off hiphopdx )

Mac Dre's Tombstone Stolen, Reward Offered, Beatdown Promised
Monday, August 28th, 2006 | Author: Darryl Gudmundson

Bay Area rapper Mac Dre's tombstone was stolen from his grave at Oakland's Mountain View Cemetery this past weekend.

Dre's longtime friend/collaborator AP confirmed the horrendous act. "My agent called me and told me," said AP. "My peoples talked to Dre's momma. That's the best source you can get."

The Oakland rapper is now offering a $10,000 reward for anyone who comes forward with information leading to the offender.

"I got 10,000 for whoever bring me the motherfucker that did it," fumed AP. "I got 10,000 to beat somebody ass. If somebody knows what's up, I don't give a fuck who it is. Not because it's Mac Dre. I don't give a shit if it was Joe Blow, you just don't do that type of shit. Let him rest in peace. You fucking with dead motherfuckers," he continued. "Niggas done already killed my nigga -- now he's dead. You still messing with the dead, man? I'ma hold it down for Mac Dre if nobody else ain't gon do it, I'm gon hold it down."

Dre (born Andre Hicks) was killed in a drive-by shooting Kansas City's U.S. 71 highway while he was being driven back to his hotel in November 2004.

The murder was followed by the murder of Kansas City rapper Fat Tone. The following months saw the two cities engage in a bloody feud that produced several casualties, including Fat Tone's aunt, rapper Jermaine "Maintain" Hughes and the death of a fan who was killed during a Dre memorial in San Francisco last year.

However, AP, who now resides in Las Vegas, doesn't think Kansas City had anything to do with the stolen tombstone.

"Hell nah, man," said AP. "They not that stupid. They ain't gon do nothing like that. I don't think it's no niggas or nothing like that. I think it's some white fan -- motherfuckers shroomed-out. I don't think that it's anybody that we would associate ourselves with. It's more like a fan.

"We got love for Kansas City," added AP. "We just hate what happened to Dre. Everything is cool. To tell you the truth, ain't none of my niggas going to Kansas City, cause I don't want nothing to happen to nobody. There's somebody out there that really wanna earn a stripe or something. It ain't cool to go out there. We ain't doing no shows or nothing. Since Dre got killed, no Bay area rapper has done no shows in Kansas City."

Since the theft of the tombstone, family members are considering moving his remains to a more secure cemetery in Vallejo, California.

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
50 Vs. Diddy....WTF?

Apparently Diddy is complicating the transition of Mase's contract to G Unit/Shady/Aftermath/Interscope so 5o is PISSED...he's released the diss track "The Bomb" to dead prez's classic "Hip Hop" instrumental (he's also done his own versions of Omarion's "Entourage" and Fergie's "London Bridges"). As a response, Diddy has released an exclusive response on his MySpace page that flips the "Grammy Family" beat somewhat....also, his song "Get Off" is dope...reminds me of those old Kenny Dope/DJ Mark The 45 King/Doug E. Fresh party joints with just the beat...it's a throwback to the James Brown dance records. Check it out:

http://www.myspace.com/diddy

"I'm RICHER, bitch!" Diddy....I could care less, but it's WAY more entertaining than those bland ass VMA's last night! One.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Apparently Diddy is complicating the transition of Mase's contract to G Unit/Shady/Aftermath/Interscope so 5o is PISSED...he's released the diss track "The Bomb" to dead prez's classic "Hip Hop" instrumental (he's also done his own versions of Omarion's "Entourage" and Fergie's "London Bridges"). As a response, Diddy has released an exclusive response on his MySpace page that flips the "Grammy Family" beat somewhat....also, his song "Get Off" is dope...reminds me of those old Kenny Dope/DJ Mark The 45 King/Doug E. Fresh party joints with just the beat...it's a throwback to the James Brown dance records. Check it out:

http://www.myspace.com/diddy

"I'm RICHER, bitch!" Diddy....I could care less, but it's WAY more entertaining than those bland ass VMA's last night! One.

That made me laugh, good to see he's still got his sense of humour, I always liked him for that.

Rap star Mos Def was arrested last night (Aug. 31) after MTV's VMA's because he didn't have authorization to perform outside of Radio City Music Hall in New York.

The rapper, born Dante Smith, was charged with disorderly conduct after attempting to perform on a flatbed truck for a crowd outside of the event.

Police ordered the rapper to end his impromptu performance of "Katrina Clap," a freestyle criticizing the Bush administration's response to the Hurricane Katrina disaster.

The request to halt the performance was not immediately relayed to MOs Def. According to reports, members of the rapper's entourage were arrested as well.

Representatives for MOs Def said the rapper was unjustly arrested and that the whole situation was captured on camera.

Mos Def was released this morning (Sept. 1).

http://music.einnews.com/news/mos-def

That's the spirit of hiphop I like to hear not getting thizzed and crunk and talking shit about who's beats are more bangin.

3 strikes and I'm out.

Is there a conspiracy againsts US muslim rappers ?

I know about the 5%er influence on the terminology of rap and the influence of NOI politics on groups.

To be honest, they are pretty out there in their views and so not really worthy of mainstream attention by the powers that be. Merely infiltrating and reporting on the movements of their leaders and their money will suffice to ensure they tow the line and not step too far out of their boundaries. Giving them airtime tends not to publicise their causes but the cult of personality with which their leaders try and initiate and perpetuate through supposed divine revelation.

Nor am I talking of those artists who privately claim loyalty to muslim ideals but in public act in the best interests of the powers that be. Instilling fear and advocating violence to the mainstream through their art while actively seeking consumer wealth and status symbols antithetical to true islamic ideals.

Who I am asking of, are those genuine muslim rappers with a message of tolerance and unity using rap as a medium for the delivery of positve and uplifitng prose and poetry through music and art.

Do you think there is a deliberate ploy of not promoting authentic american muslim rappers to the mainstream given that the US is currently waging fundamental christian idealogical warfare against fundamental muslim fanatics behind which lies the beast of rampant consumerism and standardising amercan based economic globalisation techniques which have shown to be immoral unethical and un implementationable ?

Perhaps it's best to write about skating and leave the real kicking and pushing to ? Well, to who really ? Can someone put me onto the good stuff ?

Status
Not open for further replies.