Hip-Hop - breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

mms

sometimes
the words global village have strange properties, they always truly reflect the context around them and the person that says them, they're like meta management lingo.

petergunn

plywood violin
stelfox said:
what you're talking about is entirely different. it's fake, affected and contrived. while i know next to nothing about NZ, i do know it just doesn't have anything like the same environmental factors as far as imigration and race is concerned, or the lack of space that means it's pretty impossible to live in thge inner city and not be affected by a variety of different cultures.what you're talking about is not even even vaguely comparable to what i'm describing. the fact that you're also being pretty sneery about it doesn't help. anyway, fake american accents are the wrong way to do global hip-hop. that's just my view.

so, wait, it's the "breakcore" of accents? :p

Last edited:

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
petergunn said:
so, wait, it's the "breakcore" of accents? :p

Lol. I reckon any creole is a pirate of that which has gone before it, so it could be the pirate radio of accents. Interestingly, although it's also how all the DJs on the pirates speak, the adverts on the pirates ( NO JEANS OR TRAINUUURS! LAYDEES FREE BEFORE ELEVERNAH!! ) affect a faux Radio One ( more mainstream, or older style ) accent in their delivery. I've never worked out why that's still going on, it's like a deliberate separation between transmission and advertising.

nine said:
never, since i started reading words online has one humanoid filled me with uch nausea.

its incredible how every word you seem to write online has such potency of cliche and hypocrasy

it astounds me how tolerant people are of you. you hijack every thread with self-promotion. . .it really is amazing that you havent been permanently banned from every forum you touch

correct me if im wrong but weren't you the arsehole who accused me of stealing a riff from one of your tunes a year and a half ago? how exactly does this fit with your global village pomo rubbish. .

don't even start me on the prospect of you remixing a burial tune.

where the fuck did that come from ???

I think its great that i can make the great kode9 feel incredulous, amazed and astounded just by writing potent cliche ridden late night musings that are neither here nor there in the general scheme of things and to such an extent that i can affect his health...

WOW the power of the puter eh ???

....and all in the hope of trying to get a better understanding which i somehow manage to do

so I'll carry on and correct you cos you are soooooooooooooo wrong...

...I never accused you of stealing a riff, you barely have any riffs in your tunes to steal so it must have been a different arsehole but here in polynesia stealing from villages was a summer pastime and it seems to work on a global nature as well only it's not just seasonal anymore

with regards to the global village, I say give it 50 years and get back to me cos once everyone lives, eats and dresses from cyber catalogues and according to etiquette learnt online, planet earth will be village earth and music ownership as now once it enters the public cyberdomain virtually lose it geograhically fixed ownership and will probably end up being made by puters who know the style you like and can recreate it in all faked originality...learn to love the new world order

...true my musings are simplistic and a rash of generalisations but at least you can understand them....Hypocritical ??? wouldn't you have to know me personally and what i believe to make that call ??dunno eh don't care

so what about all the CCRU shit you used to spout ???worthless ramblings of a frustrated intellectual I'd say and I can't wait to read this sonic warfare book...no really I cant :eek:

so whats the point of your post again ??? to engage me in a discourse that will see me fly off the handle and hopefully get permanantly banned or you just couldn't take it anymore and thought you'd set me straight ??? you know what's funny is the only time you post is to promo stuff and now it seems to diss people yet i'm the hypocrite :D

...as for the burial remix, i already fucked with homeless thats enough for me

my advice is take an aspirin for that nausea but for what it's worth any respect i had for you just went down the toilet...

...sad really cos i used to think you were really onto something :(

stelfox said:
totally missing the point still. there's nothing "faux" about it for solid linguistic and anthropological reasons.
also patois should not be wholesale conflated with rastafarianism.
it's a living, constantly changing language, just like any other, without any kind of faith-based ownership.

I'm not talking about what they say but how they say it. Just deal with the put on accent and you can't tell me that its not entirely "real". Sorry but I'm just not buying what youre selling. I cant believe that lady sov for instance talks like that all the time nor the streets. How annoying if they do.

stelfox said:
certain specific terms with rastafarian derivations have entered the lexicon, but its ownership spreads far wider than the dreads.
it's owned by anyone on the island who chooses to speak it.

apply that to music and upsize the island to the planet

stelfox said:
however, it's also something that genuinely evolves as a result of its environment and a new zealander affecting an american voice isn't the same as the way language has developed in london, especially over the last 15 years.

i don't think topaz is affecting it to any great extent anymore than anyone else doing hiphop or grime does, it's like if you want to do dancehall chatter it doesn't sound right if you do it in your own accent. She talks office in the office and business when we have to but in social circumstances and in the studio she's a homegirl. Besides there are certain kiwisms that have evolved due to our unique cultural makeup in NZ as well which you may not even notice

stelfox said:
reggae and soundsystem culture is the root of pretty much all british dance and urban music. it's the foundation, you can't get away from that, no matter if you're an old dude who went to brixton blues parties in the 60s, a kid buying grime in rhythm division or someone involed in pretty much any movement inbetween. it might not be spoken about that much but that's because it's largely taken for granted.

yeah and what is the root of reggae and soundsystem but affected versions of rock n roll transplanted to jamaica then UK. It's all derivative and started in Afrika ka ka... :)

stelfox said:
it's my job to dip into regional scenes the world over and to get to know them, understand them and in many cases love them, but these scenes really own themselves. while the music can make sense anywhere in the world in many cases, saying that i own the music as much as the people who created the scenes in question, support them and are really part of them would be pretty inaccurate. doesn't mean you can't enjoy anything you want, it's just a matter of giving credit where it's due and the fact that i hate terms like global village because people's experiences and lives are very different, depending where they are in the world. also interacting with a scene in its natural home is way, way different to listening to it in your living room. i learn this with virtually every working trip i take.

you should dip into the polynesias and NZ then then cos we got transliterated polyrhythmic reggae hiphop all sorts really but it's a different persepctive for me being a producer and not a spectator/writer

ful credit where stuff originated that's a given but once it's out ther we all own it and i'm not really interested in scenesters claiming it as exclusively local property or journalists naming things to fix it's locale and cultural identity

cruriously though where do you see regional scenes evolving towards ???

IMHO the net in the 21st century changed ownership of music

tate

Brown Sugar
hint said:
Dallas Austin has been arrested for possession of cocaine (and other substances)...

... in Dubai :eek:

Seems he's been in prison for nearly a month already and the story has only just broken.
'mainstream' media are today reporting it

Last edited:

stelfox

Beast of Burden
HELL_SD said:
I'm not talking about what they say but how they say it. Just deal with the put on accent and you can't tell me that its not entirely "real". Sorry but I'm just not buying what youre selling. I cant believe that lady sov for instance talks like that all the time nor the streets. How annoying if they do.

apply that to music and upsize the island to the planet

i don't think topaz is affecting it to any great extent anymore than anyone else doing hiphop or grime does, it's like if you want to do dancehall chatter it doesn't sound right if you do it in your own accent. She talks office in the office and business when we have to but in social circumstances and in the studio she's a homegirl. Besides there are certain kiwisms that have evolved due to our unique cultural makeup in NZ as well which you may not even notice

yeah and what is the root of reggae and soundsystem but affected versions of rock n roll transplanted to jamaica then UK. It's all derivative and started in Afrika ka ka... :)

you should dip into the polynesias and NZ then then cos we got transliterated polyrhythmic reggae hiphop all sorts really but it's a different persepctive for me being a producer and not a spectator/writer

ful credit where stuff originated that's a given but once it's out ther we all own it and i'm not really interested in scenesters claiming it as exclusively local property or journalists naming things to fix it's locale and cultural identity

cruriously though where do you see regional scenes evolving towards ???

IMHO the net in the 21st century changed ownership of music

there really is absolutely no talking to you.
the worst kind of an idiot is an idiot who thinks he's smart and flat-out refuses to listen or learn from anyone else.
new zealand is not a home of reggae in ther same way as london.
simply downloading a file doesn't give you ownership of music and sneering at "scenesters" and and writers who might actually be able to teach yopu something if you got your head out of your arse for a second and took a bit of notice is absolutely retarded.
i really can't be fucking bothered with this.
also you've completely derailed and wrecked a perfectly decent thread, so please take this elsewhere.
how about starting a "Hell_SD talks shit about stuff no one gives a fuck about and wantonly promotes himself" thread?

getting back to the subject of hip-hop, i'm loving Smallz's Southern Smoke 26: Welcome Back to A-Town, hosted by Lil Jon and Lil Scrappy. was a bit bored with crunk but this is actually top-a-top. particularly liking Bone Crusher feat. Beenie Man & Mr. Collipark's Wine Down Low Remix. as for other Southern hip-hop/dancehall collabs, i'm also totally feeling Ce'Cile and Trina's version of Hot Like That. it's on a weird, plasticky lick-over of the Throwback Giggy riddim that somehow manages to sound really, really great

Last edited:

bassnation

the abyss
stelfox said:
there really is absolutely no talking to you.
the worst kind of an idiot is an idiot who thinks he's smart flat-out refuses to listen.
new zealand is not a home of reggae in ther same way as london.
simply downloading a file does't give you ownership of music and sneering at "scenesters" and and writers who might actually be able to teach yopu something if you got your head out of your arse for a second and took a bit of notice is absolutely retarded.
i really can't be fucking bothered with this.
also you've completely derailed and wrecked a perfectly decent thread, so please take this elsewhere.

dave, the best treatment for a troll is to deny them the oxygen of attention. and hell_sd is a troll par excellance. hes trolled the dubstep forum for years and has been banned at least four times coming back with different aliases. he helped hound gutta off air for a while over file sharing and then goes and rips off a burial tune without asking permission. he is totally taking the piss, and is really best ignored.

3underscore

Hell SD. You are infuriating at times. Really, getting into some discussion and argument is fine. The fact that the world revolves around NZ is frustrating, but everyone is liable for a bit of that.

But when there are people like nine on here and you go trying to fight back at them from an advantage through stuff you have read about him in a wire interview - FFS. Just grow up, and stop behaving in a way that removes people from here by cutting your nose off to spite your face.

So you now no longer a fan of kode's music because of a petty squabble, and him just losing his rag. Adult, that.

I mean, your attitude in this almost begs for one-upmanship, and with him owning the copyright on that bootleg of yours, you may wish to be a bit more civil.

gumdrops

stelfox said:
getting back to the subject of hip-hop, i'm loving Smallz's Southern Smoke 26: Welcome Back to A-Town, hosted by Lil Jon and Lil Scrappy. was a bit bored with crunk but this is actually top-a-top.

*frantically scours the net*

as far as news, chamillionaires single riding dirty is somehow number one in the US pop charts, which is encouraging IMO as cham is one of the best rappers out there at the moment, and the song is lyrically a far cry from the average 'banger'/club/radio hit format.

Last edited:

stelfox

Beast of Burden
great track. i reckon he's gonna do well here too. he's a very motivated dude, great to talk to and seriously talented. i'd like to see him break some ground for h-town in the uk

mistersloane

yeah I had that Chamillionaire tune on rotation permanently a while back. Veeeeery catchy, and good to see him getting some kudos. There's like 200 remixes of it out now n all, I like the one with UGK on, but that's kindof a given really...
Since the Three Six et al have sampled him so much, I've been on a massive Willie Hutch drive. Some amaaaaaaazing production, just mindblowing. Oh yeah, and RIP Arif Mardin while I'm on soul.
Hiphop wise DoubtGotcha ( who? ) featuring The Clipse has been annoying MY neighbours. It's got that 'pause' thing all over it, superdooper. On hiphopgame.com

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
New Hip Hop Update!

Top 10 Underground Songs As Of July 9th, 2006:

1. American Terrorist- Lupe Fiasco
2. Let's Go- Pharoahe Monch
3. Won't Do- J Dilla
4. War With God- Ludacris
5. Yeah- Boot Camp Click
6. Idlewild Blues- Outkast
7. Flatline- Ghostface Killah f/Redman & Stat Quo
8. Morris Brown- Outkast
9. Fuck Tony Montana- La Coka Nostra f/B Real & Jacken of Psycho Realm
10. Think It Over- Termanology f/Trife

One.

mistersloane

Jadakiss featuring Swizz Beatz "It Can Get Ugly" is a fuckin demon of a beat. It sounds like bagpipes, fabulous.

Status
Not open for further replies.