Iranian Philosopher Arrested!

craner

Beast of Burden
Droid, I told you that I thought Israel's nuclear programme was wrong. (But, yes, I also said that the fact that the Arab States had tried to liquidate Israel twice might have contributed to its existence. It was Moshe Dayan's baby really, wasn't it?) Who's ducking issues?

D

droid

oliver craner said:
Droid, I told you that I thought Israel's nuclear programme was wrong. (But, yes, I also said that the fact that the Arab States had tried to liquidate Israel twice might have contributed to its existence. It was Moshe Dayan's baby really, wasn't it?) Who's ducking issues?

Thats not quite the point I was trying to make Oliver, but I admit to not always going out of my way to be constructive myself.

Anyway - is it possible that you might start engaging with the board again, instead of the indulging in baiting and throwaway comments? Entrenched adversarialism really is pointless, and Im sure others will respond with same if you make the effort - ala your 'american power' thread.

I value dissenting opinions as long as theyre expressed honestly and reasonably - and thats what Id prefer to see rather than the descent into caricature and ad-hominems that seems to have happened here recently...

craner

Beast of Burden
I don't know. Er, possibly not. I'm convinced I tried that! You won't change the tone here Droid, despite good intentions. The Dissensus politics board has always been sulphurous. Even some of the most obnoxious and opinionated fuckers shy away from it. It's had its moments of brilliance, none the less.

satanmcnugget

Are you saying I should stick to the prose poems, Rob?

lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

classy response from a classy young man

do i understand your position anymore than i did before?

newp

but then, there is much that Rob doesnt understand

(why does Luka keep speaking for Oliver? and what posts has he been reading? seems awfully clear to him, anyway...am i guilty of skimming?...why has Luka been banned?? is Oliver Luka?...is Luka Cathy from Peking O?)

as Dissensus turns....) :)

:)
:)

bassnation

the abyss
luka said:
well, his position hasn't changed from before the war started and if i was him i'd get pissed off of being asked to keep restating the same arguments week after week, year after year. surely you can see how that would be tiresome.

theres a parallel there with blair - i'm sure he finds it supremely tiring, wouldn't it be great if everyone, y'know, just moved on to something else?

there are deep divisions in the uk around this issue and its not going away anytime soon. people engage, oliver sometimes engages other times just takes the piss. thats fine too, after all its just a bloody net forum with the usual bollocks going on - lets face it, we aren't really going to sort out the worlds problems here are we? we can't even stop each other fighting.

D

droid

bassnation said:
after all its just a bloody net forum with the usual bollocks going on - lets face it, we aren't really going to sort out the worlds problems here are we? we can't even stop each other fighting.

I thought this place was suposed to be different? Or at least trying to be different?

What a naive fucking moron I am.

bassnation

the abyss
droid said:
I thought this place was suposed to be different? Or at least trying to be different?

What a naive fucking moron I am.

i don't think your naive - nothing wrong with being optimistic and having hope is there?

things don't often live up to the goals of the protagonists where forums are concerned, i'd suggest. but theres always positives and i'd regard your contributions as being one of them :)