TB/Uber 93 ft East

owen

The fifth issue of TB shall be vaguely officially launched tomorrow at 93 Feet East.

Edited by myself and R William Barry, it features deliquisitions on Minimalism, The Residents, Jessica Rylan, the politics of zombies, noise and other edifying subjects by a cast of several, including some names that should be familiar.

I will be playing records, which I have not done publicly in quite some time. Be considerate, eh…?

yeah, not v. helpful there owen (bumps up thread)!

it's a zine called 'totally bored', art 'n' articles and all that. you can buy it at select places in london and brighton (i think).

bassnation

the abyss
owen said:
The fifth issue of TB shall be vaguely officially launched tomorrow at 93 Feet East.

Edited by myself and R William Barry, it features deliquisitions on Minimalism, The Residents, Jessica Rylan, the politics of zombies, noise and other edifying subjects by a cast of several, including some names that should be familiar.

I will be playing records, which I have not done publicly in quite some time. Be considerate, eh…?

the politics of zombies, you say? hmm, now you've got me interested. don't suppose its available online anywhere is it?

Last edited:

owen

MAY: 26th IN YOUR EAR
LIVE! - XEROX TEENS + WOMAN + CHIK BUDO + DJ 12" JOHNTHOMAS + UBER DJ'S PAYROLL + SOME BIRD
7PM - 1AM
FREE BEFORE 9PM, £5 AFTER
*£1 OFF ENTRY WITH N.U.S.
Hailing from deepest darkest New Cross, these long-time party organisers bring their guitars-and-wahs-meets-bleeps-and-squeaks sound up the East London Line to 93 Feet East to bring us IN YOUR EAR. Born out of their legendary house parties and 12 hour DJ sets from resident 12" JOHNTHOMAS, they soon outgrew the south london terrace that was their original venue (to the joy of the rest of the street) and began throwing parties at a variety of locations across the capital. Giving equal weight to Bands and DJs has always been the night's mantra. Expect live acts with a variety of influences but with one mission only- to make you jerk spaz-modically on the dancefloor. DJs play anything from new-wave to rave with a healthy sprinkle of electro. XEROX TEENS - If you haven't heard of this month's headliners already, these drum-machine driven ark-punksters are sure to be on everybody's lips over the summer.
Celebrating the release of their EP on 15th May, come down and check 'em out live before your friends see them first... WOMAN - Variously described by their members as, "a punk band", "a new wave band", and, "grand royal as fuck", these guys are the master of the 1 minute song.
It is a rare London show for the band who are based mostly around up norf in and around Leeds. Check out their short, sharp, sonic blast of a mini album that is 'Das Hexer', out now on Sea Records. CHIK BUDO - Favourites of ours at In Your Ear, this South London punkjazzdisco group are guaranteed to be like nothing else you have seen and heard before. With no singer or guitar, we welcome back their unique bass/drum/synth/sax sound to our night with open arms and a manic smile. One of the most fun live bands we have ever seen. Put on your dancing shoes.
Our good friends ÜBER host the BAR with a truely awesome DJ line-up: MELTDOWN DISCO + EL PLATE (Vice)
MONSTER BOBBY (The Pippettes) + DJ PAYROLL and SOME BIRD play electro, bootlegs, remixes.
*FOOD: BBQ IN THE COURTYARD FROM 4PM!

the bottom bit is me and my lot.

bassnation, send me a cheque for one pound and i'll post you a copy

tryptych

waiting for a time
So is Owen "Monster Bobby", "DJ Payroll" or "Some Bird"? ;)

I too am interested in the politics of zombies, although I assume it's zombies of the silver screen rather than philosophical "zombies" (although if it's the latter I'd be even more interested).

Sadly can't make it down to 93ft east though. So where exactly can I buy this zine from?

owen

i didn't write the blurb, so i can only assume that i'm SOME BIRD. monster bobby is monster bobby, who used to post here for a bit. i'm on around 10...

zine copies aren't scanned in anywhere on the web, but pm me for copies (tho they're in rough trade and the obvious places) i was partly joking abt the cheque. a postal order will do