Leo

Now this is very sad but I read up on roundabouts as a result of this, staggered to learn they were only introduced to US in 1990.

and there are very few of them. I've only seen about three of them in all my travels here. I go visit my in-laws in the midlands and there are three on the 15-minute drive to the market.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I just completely assumed it was a universal thing, in Portugal there are roads with one every 200m or so for miles.

Leo

That's cuz this is 'Merica, buddy. We don't pay attention to weirdo Euro shit, regardless of how effective and efficient it is.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Thing is, if you had asked me I would have assumed that roundabouts were invented in the land of the motor car.

Leo

Neither do I, but that doesn't stop me.

Good handling on curves at high speed is the mark of a good car. For many years, all the ones that do the best job have been foreign made.

Leo

the heyday for American cars was the 60s/70s, muscle cars that sucked up fuel and made a racket but kicked ass. Pontiac GTO, Dodge Charger and Challenger, Chevy Camaro, early Ford Mustang,

1920px-1966_%26_1969_Pontiac_GTO_%2834841847634%29.jpg

Leo

in case you haven't noticed, red was the kickass color (also black, obviously)

1920px-1969_Dodge_Charger_%2821572136732%29.jpg

linebaugh

The other great advantage of cars, as STN will attest, is that you can throw things at pedestrians from them.
There's a car in my neighborhood that has been driving around for over a year, even during blizzards, and pelting pedestrians with eggs.

It's the perfect crime. Only way they'll ever get caught is if they throw one at a cop

linebaugh

or if you copy down the license plate number and turn them in.
How exactly does that go from there? Scramble the jets for the egg man? And even if they did go and talk to them hows that look?

'Have you been throwing eggs at people sir? No? Ok but weve got our eye on you'

They could even get caught with eggs in the car and just say its groceries

Leo

Umm, witnesses report crimes to the police every day. It's a minor offense and would be given low priority, but not a different process from witnessing a hit and run.

I don't really care if anyone stands up to the mysterious egg-tossers, just saying it doable.

linebaugh

The car itself is well known. It's all over the neighborhood Facebook groups. I imagine its been reported a few times yet its persisted for over a year. As long as the perp doesn't go on an all day egg pelting binge its the perfect crime.

IdleRich

IdleRich
the heyday for American cars was the 60s/70s, muscle cars that sucked up fuel and made a racket but kicked ass. Pontiac GTO, Dodge Charger and Challenger, Chevy Camaro, early Ford Mustang,

1920px-1966_%26_1969_Pontiac_GTO_%2834841847634%29.jpg
I do love a lot of those muscle cars... but I believe those were still very powerful and good at going fast and straight, struggled a little if they had to take corners fast, is that right?
I mean Grand Prix is one of the most boring sports, I would rather stick pins in my eyes than watch a whole race - but it seems that Americans looked at it and thought to themselves "Is there some way we can make this more boring?" and they changed it so the track is just a simple oval with all the bends in the same direction - and fair enough, they did it. But they weren't satisfied with that, they still wanted more boring, and so they came up with a race with no bends at all. Fucking genius... in a sense.