the internet, in german

tht

akstavrh
that is, i'm hoping to find something interesting to familiarize myself with the language for the first time in a while

my vocabulary is very crap (for example there are six words in this tiny poem that i didn't know)

please suggest anything that you would habitually read

any good (short) poems too

Last edited:

Guybrush

Dittohead
For improving you vocabulary, [URL="http://www.wartoft.nu/software/selingua/"]Selingua[/URL] is a good freeware option. Its built-in dictionary covers about 2000 words, ranging from the easy to the quite advanced (here are five random words from the ‘hardest’ level: umstürzlerisch = subversive; Hagedorn = hawthorn; Brüderlichkeit = fraternity; Becken = pelvis; dränieren = drain), and building your own dictionaries is a breeze. I use it daily with dictionaries I create out of unfamiliar words encountered here and elsewhere.

tht

akstavrh
For improving you vocabulary, [URL="http://www.wartoft.nu/software/selingua/"]Selingua[/URL] is a good freeware option. Its built-in dictionary covers about 2000 words, ranging from the easy to the quite advanced (here are five random words from the ‘hardest’ level: umstürzlerisch = subversive; Hagedorn = hawthorn; Brüderlichkeit = fraternity; Becken = pelvis; dränieren = drain), and building your own dictionaries is a breeze. I use it daily with dictionaries I create out of unfamiliar words encountered here and elsewhere.

this is interesting cos when i saw some of your earlier posts i thought some of the language was slightly anachronistic (i think i even did a parody, ehem) but i can understand that somewhat now!

if i could write german half as well as you can write english i would be very happy but i'm really only doing this in the hope that i will have more of interest to read (very quick to translate with gtranslate) and i have no need to write

those brecht poems don't seem as easy to read as heine (his song lyrics are relatively simple but i think little of him as a writer rather than theorist)

Last edited: