Most trouble you've ever been in with your parents

STN

sou'wester
I'll get back to you all on this (it's kind of an offshoot from the party thread) but does anyone have a legendary crime and punishment tale from their youth?

john eden

male pale and stale
I'll get back to you all on this (it's kind of an offshoot from the party thread) but does anyone have a legendary crime and punishment tale from their youth?

Me, my sister and a mate decided to make a "haunted house" in my bedroom once. It all started quite innocuously except we (by which I think I mean "I") decided to make a bit of a bear trap / secret hatch by pulling up some of the floorboards and covering the hole with a blanket.

We then spent a pleasant enough afternoon playing spooky music (I think the soundtrack to "Close Encounters") with the lights off and occasionally falling down the hole feet first, stopping ourselves going too far by sticking our arms out.

Unfortunately this didn't prevent us from creating a massive hole in the bathroom ceiling, which was underneath my bedroom.

I think my parents were initially completely speechless about it and just dragged us in there and pointed up...

But after that, we were waaaaaay beyond "grounded" and pocket money stopped.

I'm sure there were others which were less creative and more anti-social, but that's the one which always gets brought up...

To be fair to my parents, they turned a blind eye to quite a lot. Tho I did get a bollocking for being photographed in the local paper picketing Barclays Bank as part of an anti-apartheid protest.

Last edited:

martin

----
This is the weird thing - if I got into trouble at school, my parents would get so pissed off that a teacher had dared to question their parenting skills that they'd round up on THEM instead of me. The only serious beating times were if you shat on your own doorstep. Actually, I used to get whacked for minor infractions you wouldn't believe. Touching a dog at the PDSA that I'd been told not to touch and which snapped at me? Crack round the head. Making any sort of quip while my dad was off on one of his rants? Smack in the gob. Get pissed on Harp lager with your cousin in Ireland and try to ride a donkey in a field? I had the shit beaten out of me for that one. Though my brother'd be better answering this, his experiences were like real serious / funny shit involving truant officers and mental teenage punk girls.

STN

sou'wester
I think mine may involve being caught playing with my nan's gun (it wasn't loaded) at her house in Washington State with my cousin when we were about 11, needless to say, the adults in our lives were less than thrilled and my mum (who is an incredible pushover when it comes to bollockings and punitive measures) dispatched my uncle who issued this hunter-type 'you must RESPECT guns' lecture which went on for about 4 hours. I don't think we actually got any more tangible punishment than that.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
It really upsets me that there's a movement afoot to ban ALL corporal punishment against children. I got a quick smack when I being *exceptionally* naughty (which I wasn't very often), and it never did me any harm. Anyone who can't distinguish between responsible discipline and abuse isn't fit to be a parent - and that applies to people who think a smack is 'abuse'. Fucksake. It's the same with these twats who want it made illegal to give kids under 15 alcohol. GRRR.

don_quixote

Trent End
i dunno how much trouble i was in, but i was once dragged all the way up to a family friends house miles and miles away to explain my actions for something i don't even recall doing, and i can only assume it was bad because as far as i know my parents have never spoken to them again and i haven't had the guts to bring it up. i might ask my sister, but she's younger than me so i dont think she'd know.

don_quixote

Trent End
and haha we were playing with the kids down the street on the building site at the end of the street at the weekend and they got BOLLOCKED when their mum found them and she went marching round to our house and my parents laughed it off. i remember thinking we were going to be in so much trouble but my parents just found it funny how angry she was.

oh and my friend and i played need for speed 2 all day on the day diana died and my friend took it home to play and got absolutely slaughtered for the sick gesture by his dad whilst my parents just found it funny. i think i had pretty cool parents all in all.

pretty sure there's something i did which was horrendous though, i just seem to have blocked it out.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Must have been something really bad. Maybe you summoned Elder Gods?

Lisa: Dad, Bart and I have done something *really* bad...
Homer: DID YOU WRECK THE CAR?!?!
Lisa: No...
Homer: Did you raise the dead?
Lisa: Yes...
Homer: But the car's OK?

Lichen

This is an exhaust whistle. Thrust far enough up an exhaust pipe, it creates a horrifying, high pitched whine when a car is running.

Shove it up as far your seven year-old arm will reach and it becomes irretrievable.

Pull this stunt when your Mum has just had a new exhaust fitted and you too will emit a high pitch whine.

p.s It's gratfifying to note that the design of this simple device remains totally unchanged since c.1979

Last edited:

Canada J Soup

Monkey Man
Even though I was pretty badly behaved as a child (and even worse as a teenager), I managed to escape getting into too much trouble with my parents by almost never getting caught. I did get suspended from school for a couple of days when I was 14 after being caught smoking on the roof of one of the buildings when I was supposed to be in geography class. However, since a bunch of my mates had just gotten expelled for smuggling weed and acid back from a school trip to the Netherlands my actions kind of paled in comparison and I got off with much less of a bollocking / grounding / clip round the ear than I probably deserved.

My younger brother on the other hand managed to get caught ever single time he did something wrong. I think I ended up with all of his luck somehow. Either that or my parents were paying much more attention with him for some reason.