Dodgy Pubs

Lichen

Another Kentish Town dive. Top of Camden Road, endless name changes, you could score soap bar there (late 80's early 90's). Name in its heyday was.....?:slanted:

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
There was a thread like this a few years ago on another well known bulletin board. It was so good that you learnt more about London in those few pages than any guide book would tell you ;)

dodgy pubs ? I always find it amusing that pubs take years to throw off their bad image after a couple of dodgy incidents. The populace moves with it's feet and never returns. Our local the 'Hobgoblin' (old George Canning) Brixton remains 'edgy' forever seemingly, it's big beer terrace allowing everyone to get along whatever, great on a summer afternoon.

Karaoke there used to be the bollocks, I remember seeing a whole bunch of lesbians going up and doing 'Stand By Your Man' sitting down.

Gabba Flamenco Crossover

High Sierra Skullfuck
i live in balham/tooting, which in the last ten years has been swept by a full-on tide of gentrification (it's moving slowly down the northern line).

consequently, a dodgy pub in my area is one that hasn't had its revealed brickwork hand-polished lately.

Take a wander down to Mitcham mate, that place is dodgy pub heaven. Mitcham is blighted. I'm sorry, there's no other word for it.

benjybars

village elder.
There's a pub in an estate off tottenham high road, near white heart lane, that used to be seriously white BNP.. my friend lived on the estate and the pub was just fucking GRIM.. anyway my friend moved out but i went back round there for the first time in ages recently and it's properly changed... now it's completely african/caribbean and had some HEAVY dancehall being pumped out extremely loud!! i couldn't believe the transformation.. i'll try and remember the name.