So who on this board is in the states or canada?

nomos

Administrator
I'm in Ottawa. +40 C in the summer/-40 C in the winter.

Really started following grime and dubstep in the last year but I have yet to meet anyone in town who shares my enthusiasm.

satanmcnugget

im from Toronto, Canaduh...im lovin' what i can manage to hear of grime like no music in a loooooooooooooooooooooooong time...not as keen on the dubstep stuff

nomos

Administrator
satanmcnugget said:
im lovin' what i can manage to hear of grime like no music in a loooooooooooooooooooooooong time
Yeah I'll second that. It's like the periods when I first got into Hip Hop and Jungle.

Oakland, CA
I DJ and promote when I can.
I like dubstep, but Dubstep takes a beating everywhere. Maybe my definition is too wide. I get the feeling when most people say dubstep they mean Kode9 and artists on Tempa... I just like everything that's coming out of that scene, but often the stuff that doesn't have MCs in it does it for me. Exceptions of course. I like Plasticman (for example)... Is he dubstep or Grime? or both? or neither? Or, who cares?

Keith P

draw for the drumstick
I like Plasticman (for example)... Is he dubstep or Grime? or both? or neither? Or, who cares?

Plasticman and Mark One are calling their sound grime now. They're own personal take on it. Not really one to argue cus tune like CHA is a full on grime tune IMO

adruu

This Is It
brookyln via houston/austin/montreal. haven't bought records in three years, but desperately fiending to do doubles of marsta's jawbreaker on a proper system.

satanmcnugget

its great to see so many Nuckers on the board...there is one more here that i know of, alth he's keeping a low profile...we must all get together at one of Luca's parties in the Market real soon and roll a big one :) ...that's if i ever go outside again, which i dont plan on doing until March or April :)

nomos

Administrator
satanmcnugget said:
we must all get together at one of Luca's parties in the Market real soon and roll a big one :) ...that's if i ever go outside again, which i dont plan on doing until March or April :)
Yeah I'd like to make it to TO and check out X-shit when school and the weather ease up a bit.

Dubquixote

Submariner
All North America dubstep massive...

I just uploaded a live mix by Mr. Joe Nice at Sonar in Baltimore. Joe's reppin dubstep big over here. Grab it at http://dubquixote.blogspot.com. Lotsa goodies from the Mystikz. Some nice crowd noise and MCing in there as well....

Enjoy!

ripley

Oakland here

late of Brooklyn, now Oakland (as of August)

hello hello: jungle grime breakcore dancehall digidub glitchybreak/hop rocksteady and plenty of other stuff in my record shelves

slanderlord

bloody roar
Chicago, luv it.

Dig grime but mostly just hear the big things and misc. DJ mixes and radio clips that drift onto the net.

Brokeman

Living Too Late
The Six Oh Four

Another Vancouverite here.
All about the Grime, intrigued but somewhat uneasy about Dubstep.

machine hugger

(())(())((+))(())(())
BTW KID K. and Ripley- I was just listenin' to a Subtek mix. Pretty Ace. Guess I need to check out you folk's new night. Saturday 5th- SF right?